Luggage - Port of Miami

rocklydockly

We are flying into FLL on a red-eye out of Vegas. We arrive at 6 AM. Liberty of the Seas has a 5 PM departure. We will likely shuttle to the port of Miami, how early can we check our luggage for the cruise? We don't want to mess with it all day. How early can we board the ship? Thanks

The earliest you can board the ship would be around 11:30; it depends how long it takes Customs and Immigration to clear the ship. I am not sure when the Baggage Handlers/Porters start taking luggage but I suspect it wouldn't be before 10AM. Options could include renting a car from the airport and doing some sightseeing until the afternoon or taking a taxi to a waterfront hotel and having breakfast there before heading over to the ship.

Kathy:)

You don't want to arrive too early to the port as everyone needs to get off the ship and the porters will be busy helping people get to the curb with their luggage. As suggested earlier, I wouldn't show up before 10, or even 11, just to avoid the congestion.

As for what to do ... I guess it depends how you feel after your red-eye. I've gone to a local site to wait, and I've also just sat in the airport with a book or other entertainment and waited until it was late enough to grab a shuttle to the port. Not exciting, I know ....

Archived