Gem March 29th

Sick of Snow

Hi, First Post here about first cruise :) We are going to be on the Gem the end of March. I have some ?'s and hoping others may have answers :)

Shore excursions on the islands. I am not sure if we should go with the ones we can book from the ship or if the ones we can do on our own are better. Some things seem to be a lot more expensive, like the dolphin swim and the parasailing then when I do searches on the different islands. Or is it worth it to not have to arrange our own transportation (and is that safe) to go with known carriers?

We have a 13 year old going with us. I see that on NCL that age goes in with kids up to 17. Was wondering how the 'kids' programs for that age group are and if it is really appropraite and chaperoned for the 13 year old who really wants to be a 16 year old girl.

I'm getting conflicting answers ... as a US citizen do we need passports or are birth certs and licenses all we need?

Thanks

Hi, First Post here about first cruise :) We are going to be on the Gem the end of March. I have some ?'s and hoping others may have answers :)

Shore excursions on the islands. I am not sure if we should go with the ones we can book from the ship or if the ones we can do on our own are better. Some things seem to be a lot more expensive, like the dolphin swim and the parasailing then when I do searches on the different islands. Or is it worth it to not have to arrange our own transportation (and is that safe) to go with known carriers?

We have a 13 year old going with us. I see that on NCL that age goes in with kids up to 17. Was wondering how the 'kids' programs for that age group are and if it is really appropraite and chaperoned for the 13 year old who really wants to be a 16 year old girl.

I'm getting conflicting answers ... as a US citizen do we need passports or are birth certs and licenses all we need?

Thanks

Hey there Sick.....love the name, by the way! LOL I take it you didn't get passports yet? If not, then a certified birth certificate and photo ID for you and hubby and just a certified birth certificate for your daughter, should be good. As far as shore excursions go.....we didnt book any excursions thru NCL. The long day we were in Nassau, we went to Atlantis Resort. I booked a room at the Comfort Suites across the street from Atlantis and you get passes to Atlantis included in the price of the room. We took a taxi from Nassau, right to the front door of the Comfort suites. The taxi service was awesome! They are vans, like 12 passenger vans. Costs $4 per person, plus tip if you choose. Taxi's are plentiful also, they are waiting right outside the port terminal when you get off the ship. Thats the teen program. My son didnt particularly like the "leopard lounge", which is the teen center. They played basketball and tennis alot and bowled and ate, if course....LOL Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Archived