Coki Beach, St Thomas

We will be in St Thomas on April 11 on the Crown Princess. Heard alot of good things about Coki Beach for snorkeling. Is this a taxi ride from the pier? About how much to get there and can we rent snorkeling gear at the beach??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Nancy

We took an island tour and they dropped us at our choice of beach--Coki in our case--the tour was $25. last Sept. They came back and returned us to the ship.

Gear rental is available. Contact one of the 2 places on Coki to confirm date and gear availability. We used Coki Beach Dive Club.

We will be in St Thomas on April 11 on the Crown Princess. Heard alot of good things about Coki Beach for snorkeling. Is this a taxi ride from the pier? About how much to get there and can we rent snorkeling gear at the beach??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Nancy

DH and I were there in October. We brought our snorkel and mask. We were on a tour to Paridase point and megans bay. We went to both and then at Megans bay we left about 45 minutes into our beach time took a taxi from megans bay to coki bch. I will say that we were in the ocean the entire 2 hours there were lockers that we paid 5.00 for. Some very scary looking man was manning them. There were places to rent eqipment. I dont know prices. When we got done we thought we would grab something to eat but, it was something like 7.00 for something we bought one and then headed to the taxi stand. The traffic was a nightmare back to the ship. Our taxi cab was overheating and luckly we were close enough to walk it back to the ship. So we walked about 10 minutes did some shopping at the port. The taxi was 15.00. I have some really great pictures. You will love it. I will say that I did feel slightly uneasy while I was eating our snack on shore. But, the experience was awesome.

I snorkeled there a few years back and only saw a few varieties of fish. I was told that the better snorkeling was offshore. On the upside I was there with my kids and felt it was a nice safe beach for them to snorkel. The fish were handfed and very tame so you could see them up close. I think if you want a bigger variety you might want to check out other options.

We went to Coki about a month ago. Our taxi cost $20 total for both of us. For around another $20 once there, we rented a couple of lounge chairs in the shade for the day. We dove instead of snorkeled, so our pictures below will not be much help.

What type of camera and camcorder did you use? great pics.

• 1 month later...

Archived