Ft. Lauderdale Cruise to West Palm Beach Airport?

teege

Here is the deal:

-- I am flying into and out of Palm Beach Intl Airport.

-- I have rides from here to family near Ft. Lauderdale, and from them to Port Everglades.

-- I do *not* have transportation from Port Everglades to Palm Beach Intl Airport.

Anyone do this before? Looks like renting a car = ~$120, taxi =~120 and... the train system, Tri-Rail, is $4.

I'll be traveling with my girlfriend and we don't have issues carrying bags, etc on the train.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever ride the train? Anything else?

Thanks so much!

Edit: Time isn't much of an issue. Flight is at 3:15pm!

Sure, we have gone on Tri-rail before - just don't be in a hurry - if the train is late - you'll have a problem if you have a tight schedule. But at 3:15/ 1:15 for security, etc. You should be OK.

The car rental for that price is in the stratosphere -with whom did you check - the Gold car ?? Check around unless you are in a major event - you should find better.

MaryAnn

We are flying into and out of PBI next weekend as the best flights were available from there. It is a bit of a hike to the airport but I am sure the crowds won't be as bad as FLL.

There are 4 of us plus luggage. I have made arrangements to take a limo from PBI to Port Everglades as I didn't want to fuss around with a car rental. We are flying in the same day and want to get on the Grand as soon as possible. We are booked with Holland Limo based on recommendations from CC. I was impressed with the service when I called to make the reservation.

On the return from the ship to PBI we have time to spare as our flight leaves at 8pm. I have booked a mini van with Avis on a 1 way rental from FLL to PBI for the day. Total cost is less than $70 for the rental so I would recheck your prices again. I am sure that you and your GF don't need a minivan. Try discount code J868801 when making the reservation. It is a Florida Visitors Bureau code that I found. It was the best rate that I could find.

HTH

Archived