Last Tender

sweetladyjc

each ship has it's own schedule. on the NCL spirit the last tender was 5pm. your ship will have it's notice on the gangway and make annoucement.some of the ships, that were there before us...had already left at 5pm.

186458962_Backonship.jpg.eef82d1a6fc10674b97918c3479fed50.jpg

Does anyone know the exact time of the last tender in Belize? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Depends on the ship you are on.... they will advise you of the last tender boarding time.....don't be late or you will get the picture of what your ship looks like as you wave good bye !

. . . it was certainly our impression during our two-week stay that ALL cruise ships had weighed anchor by 5 P.M. Belize time, which was 5 P.M. Central Standard Time in the U.S., or 6 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. The first to leave would usually leave about 4 PM, and the others would follow about half an hour apart. I suspect the tender crews knock off at about 5 P.M. Belize time, but I do not know that for a fact.

In general Belize has a very "daytime" economy, a very "cruiseline oriented" economy in Belize City; and on Sundays the streets are empty and the houses of worship are full.

On the Carnival Legend the last tender time was listed for one hour before we departed. Most ports were only 1/2 hour, but because of the distance I guess they adjusted it to one hour for Belize.

Your itinerary for your cruise should list the begin and end time for each port, at least Carnival's are listed.

Thank you for your quick replies. I will be on Carnival Valor in July and our departure time is at 5pm. So am I right to assume that the last tender is going to be at 4pm. Is that Belizean time or ship time? I keep reading there is a difference but I am unsure of what this difference is.

you may want to ask that on the carnival boards. when i was in belize, in decemer, on the NCL spirit..ship time and local time were the same. belize was on the same time zone as new orleans (embarking port). all of our ports were on the same time/zone

Thank you for your quick replies. I will be on Carnival Valor in July and our departure time is at 5pm. So am I right to assume that the last tender is going to be at 4pm. Is that Belizean time or ship time? I keep reading there is a difference but I am unsure of what this difference is.

ALWAYS SET YOUR WATCH TO SHIP TIME, regardless of what port you are at.... each ship will remind you of this. DO NOT GO BY ISLAND TIME !!!

Ships tend to leave on ship's time. But your tour providers will worry more about getting you back than you will ever have to--if they have to take you home with them, there is a good chance they will only be able to offer you rice'n'beans for dinner! :rolleyes:

Also the tips tend not to be as good . . . . :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived