Trip Report - Voyager of the Seas

We just got back from our first cruise ever. We were on the Voyager, and I thought I would share a few thoughts from a newbie.

The Cabin (with balcony) was much larger than we expected. Lots of closet space, many drawers and room under the bed for empty suitcases. The bathroom was spacious and had quite a bit of storage also. The only drawback to the bathroom is that there was the only electrical plug was european design. (Take an adapter) There was two regular plugs in the cabin by the dressing mirror.

The entertainment was unbelieveable! Be sure and go to all the shows you can. The ice skaters were amazing, the singers were outstanding, as were the dancers. We enjoyed the comedians very much. If you enjoy the stage productions, try to go to the "Backstage tour" at the La Scala. It is interesting.

We bought the "coke card" and the special cup, it worked well for us. Most of the bartenders were happy to fill our cups.

Meals were good. The windjammer lunch got a little boring but the grill behind was always good for a burger or hot dog. Breakfast in the Windjammer was great! Be sure and go to the grill behind the Windjammer for fresh cooked eggs or omlets. The main dining room food was very good, but I think I liked the appetizers and desserts more than the entres. We didn't get a chance to try the main dining room for lunch, but the one menu I read sounded very good.

The shore excursions were fair. We went to Passion Island in Cozumel, Tabyana Beach in Roatan, and Chichen Itza in Progresso. All were booked thru the cruise line. Most of the excursions take so long to get to the destination, that you are worn out just from the bus ride. By the way, if you ever take the Chichen Itza trip, which is very interesting, PACK YOUR OWN LUNCH.

We used the express check out, and pulled our own bags off the ship. We were on the road before 9AM.

Thanks for the reveiw. I never grow tired of reading about the Voyager.. Can't wait for our trip in a few weeks. I do have a few questions, if you don't mind??

What was your cabin number?

Where was your cabin located?

Could you hear much noise from the cabins next to yours?

We also plan on going toPassion Island.. COuld you elaborate on your trip. Did you take a boat to the island or a kayak?

What was the beach like??

Thanks for your time.

Carla

Nice review however, you do not need an adapter in the bathroom. Having been on the Voyager twice, I can tell you that although it looks strange, it will take an "american" style plug. :D

Just got off Voyager myself on the 2nd...the seas were very calm, leaving and arriving into Galveston, in fact the whole trip was calm except for a little roughness one night due to heavy winds. The weather was perfect. Really enjoyed the ship. Service in the DR was not the best but that doesn't make or break the trip. The CL was very musty and am not sure if that's what caused my head cold or not...could have just been allergies.

My wife and I were on the same cruise, and it was our first cruise also.

We loved every minute of it, even with our luggage being lost we had a blast. RCI step up and took good care of us. If you have a problem on Voyager seek out Charlata at the Customer Service desk she is wonderfull.

We ate twice at Johnny Rockets, once on Wed. then again on Sat. our waiter Jose Antonio Fuetnis remembered us from our previous visit, that was amazing counting how many people he probably served during the course of the cruise. The ride was ok, a little bumpy but not as rought as my father in laws Catalina sailboat.

As I said our luggage was lost, not by RCI but by the bussing company that they contract with to shuttle guests from Houston to Gavelston. We recieved two of our four bags on Tuesday when we were in Cozumel. A third bag turned up in Atlanta and we got that back on Sunday when we

got back to the hotel. The fourth bag turned up in Atlanta too, we should see it this afternoon.

I was provided with a free tux rental, and they had some womens dress that my wife picked thru and found one that didn't look to bad. They even

stepped up and took care of all our luandry while on board. It was an inconvience but we made the best of it.

Food: Big improvement! But they still make powdered eggs in the Windjammer. I am big on the Dining room. I can go to Luby's if I want a cafeteria....breakfast and lunch service in DR was outstanding, as were the menus.

Entertainment: Best production singers were have ever heard on a cruise ship

Disembarkation; We were white tags...Called off the ship at 8:10am, walked past most of the self-disembark passengers...Concept may be getting a bit too popular that it simply is creating a very long and slow line.

Ship: We have come to believe that most cruisers think if a ship is more than 3 weeks old, it is out of date! Voyager was clean, beautiful, easy to get around, and a spectacular layout for what some might consider "old"

She is 9 years old and LOOKS spectacular!!!

We are booked for the excursion to Tabayana Beach. What do you need to bring with you? I think they supply water, lemonade all day?

Thanks and glad you had a great first cruise. This will be our first.

Archived