Walk from RCCL Pier #2 to El Morro?

dkoitz

How far of a walk would it be from Pier 2 to El Morro? We will be on Royal Caribbean. Should we walk it or pay for a city tour that takes us there too? Docking on a Tuesday from 3pm to 10pm.

you can walk it - but it's uphill (20mins maybe)

you might want to consider taking the free trolley that runs from near the piers to el Morro (take the one that says el morro). this will drop you off close to the fort.

you can then do your tour and after head back down through the streets of old san juan

check out this map on my blog - you can zoom in to see old san juan and there are areas of interest marked

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/puerto-rico-travel-map/

enjoy your time here

How far of a walk would it be from Pier 2 to El Morro? We will be on Royal Caribbean. Should we walk it or pay for a city tour that takes us there too? Docking on a Tuesday from 3pm to 10pm.

Pier 2 is right in there in Old San Juan, but I believe that it is only for the local ferry service.

Are you sure that you dock in OSJ, and not at the Pan American facility, which is across the harbor and certainly a taxi ride away from OSJ?

gary

Hi Gary,

Yes you are right, they said Pan American pier #2. I take it, I won't want to walk it? Would you recommend a ship tour or just taxi over there.?

Thanks for any info!

Diane

You won't be able to walk to OSJ from Pan Am pier.

But take a taxi over and do your own tour. Taxis are readily available and will cost $10 for the cab each way, for up to 5 people.

Then take your time and walk around OSJ, doing what you want, when you want. Lots of museums to visit, along with the forts and great scenic views.

Agree, do it on your own. You don't need a ship's tour to see Old San Juan, but a good map will help. Visit the Tourist Office near Pier 1 and/or look for a copy of the free magazine Que Pasa.

gary

Can anyone tell me . . . . . . Do all Royal Caribbean ships dock at the Pan Am Pier in San Juan?

I'm on the Freedom next Feb. (hoping to dsock in OSJ).

Any help???

No, not all RCCL ships dock at the Pan Am Pier. If your ship is just in port for the day, then you will be in OSJ, usually at Pier 3 or Pier 4. It's only the ships that are embarking/disembarking that use the Pan Am Pier.

Archived