Excursion with 3 1/2 year old

strike71

Can anyone recommend a good excursion in Grand Cayman with a 3 year old. thinking Stingray City may be too much or would you rec. a place on 7 mile beach. Was considering the semi-sub tour.

We did semi-sub tour last year with 2 yo and 4 yo, also with my in-laws. It was nice and easy for the in-laws and the kids loved it, especially the scuba diver feeding the fish. They talked about it for weeks. Did nothing for DH and I, but experiencing it with the kids was priceless. We'll do something else this summer, just booked today so starting to look around for ideas.

I agree SRC might be too much, when we were there the boat next to us had a couple screamers on it, the kids were probably 2 and 4, 2 separate families, both kids had their little legs WRAPPED around their parents and were screaming at the top of their lungs in pure terror. One probably scared the other, but nonetheless they were scared.

I'd think a simple beach day or like the other person said the sub thing might be fun. You'd probably want to do a couple different things of shorter duration so avoid a bored kid.

Enjoy Grand Cayman!!!!!!!!!

My soon-to-be 4 year old was scared @ the sting rays, and that really surprised me because he loves the water. But, if this is a "one time" kind of trip for you, I wouldn't miss it; it is an amazing experience. You are there for 45 min- 1 hour, and he adults can take turns in the water if the child doesn't want to get in. We did the Hell/Turtle Farm/Sting Ray and though he didn' swim for more than 5 - 10 minutes, he did enjoy the boat ride and everything else.

You never know, our 3.5 year old dd loved the stingrays. We got her all excited about it by telling her she was going to see Mr. Ray from "Finding Nemo". But obviously you know your child better than anyone. We were certainly prepared to take turns staying on the boat with her while the other parent went in with the rays. It was totally amazing.

This is from the Disney cruise shore excursions, but I am sure you could find it online and book independently.

Pirate Encounter

Shiver me timbers! Set sail on a tender boat to one of the world's last wooden brigs, the magnificent Valhalla, where you will be greeted by pirates! Upon your arrival, embark on a 45-minute coastal cruise along Seven Mile Beach and drop anchor for a refreshing swim stop. Walk the plank and splash down into the breathtaking blue of the Caribbean. Then, savor the flavor of a cup of fruit or rum punch before taking off on a scenic 30-minute journey back to the tender boat on your way to Georgetown Pier.

I just did a search in re semi-sub excursion in GC. You might be able to easily do this on your own and save a few bucks. The website indicates the semi-sub goes from the same location as the Atlantis submarine, which is easy to walk to from the tender dock. [it is to the right as you face the street/stores, back to the water.] I found info at nautilus dot ky and at CaymanIslands dot ky. I did the Atlantis several years ago and was annoyed that I didn't know better than to do this thru the ship [first cruise!] - I had to walk there, anyway [just a few minutes' walk] and it would've been cheaper to just get the ticket on my own.

I'm thinking the only caveat would be that if there are several ships there at once, the boats may be full....

Archived