Cat Z Guarantee on Century

superdrews

Does anyone know how this differs from a cat 12 guarantee aboard the Century?

I think this virtual category gives X some space when they want to sell inside cabins at a very low price, whithout receiving numerous demands for refunds, since it's not linked to a specific stateroom category. Just my idea. And like cruisefreaks already said : you could end up anywhere (inside).

I find that odd as I was booked in a standard inside guarantee for my upcoming April sailing and downgraded to that to receive a refund to my credit card. Maybe I just got lucky!

To me, nothing odd there, since you go from 'guarantee' to 'guarantee', so basicly the same category (were you booked for a guarantee in cat12 ?). But I doubt that someone who is booked in a specific stateroom can ask for a refund and stay in the same cabin that was already booked. The only possibility in that case would be to cancel and rebook your cruise in catogory Z, without knowing in which cabin you will end up. But like I said : that's just my guess.

Just keep in mind, some of the cabins are under kitchens(noise at obscene times of the night), located close to engines(constant noise), far aft(severe vibration port mornings at about 5:00, it will wake you), poles in middle of room(bed located behind them with only one way off and a pole to deal with).

Chessbriar,

I think what you said is exactly what happens but to me any cabin on a ship is good enough! I got assigned 4141 which appears to be right above the engines and right under the kitchen. Let me know if you have more info about this cabin!

Thanks,

Andrew

Does anyone know how {cat Z guarantee} differs from a cat 12 guarantee aboard the Century?
I agree with all posted above. Interestingly on my Dec 2007 Century TransAtlantic for awhile they were offering both Cat Z Gtd and Cat 12 Gtd; and the Cat 12 Gtd was over $500pp more than the Cat Z. Over $1000 per cabin MORE to make sure that you were in a 12, as opposed to the supposedly better 11, 10 or 9!! Makes no sense to me.

Archived