How I paid for my cruise...

I have heard that advice before and always makes me wonder..... how can anyone get started selling on eBay this way? You will have 0 feedbacks, for how long?

I bought a bunch of items before I started selling in order to get some feedback. I personally do not buy from anyone with less than 10 feedbacks or under a 97% rating.

I too am selling on Ebay in order to help fund our upcoming June cruise, and also for our December 2009 cruise.

Good Luck to All !!

I bought a bunch of items before I started selling in order to get some feedback. I personally do not buy from anyone with less than 10 feedbacks or under a 97% rating.

I too am selling on Ebay in order to help fund our upcoming June cruise, and also for our December 2009 cruise.

Good Luck to All !!

Oh, so you can get feedback for buying something too? That would make more sense! Thanks!

I am a seasoned ebayer. I have been doing ebay for about 6 and a half years now and I can tell you that there is a lot of money to be made on there! You have to know what your doing and after a lot of trial and error you learn the ins and outs and can have a great running ebay business. I actaully started when I was laid off from my job and my unemployment was not paying the bills so it helped me greatly and soon became an addiction!

Here is what I sold when I started (please note that ebay can be VERY time consuming)

When I first started I took old shoes...I am a woman and have a billion pairs of them...so I went with ones that I didnt' care for as much anymore. Much to my surprise I was selling my brand name shoes and sneakers that were used for anywhere from half of what I paid to even more than what I paid!!! That was when I became addicted to it! I went further to go to outlet stores and bought the brand name shoes there were on clearance and sold them for triple what I paid. The people in the stores thought I was nuts for buying 10-20pr at a time until I told them why. When the sales were over and I couldn't find anything on there I went on to selling my daughter's used clothing. I sold brands like Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren...people loved them and I made almost all of my money back! Whatever I didn't sell I threw on some tables and sold at a garage sale.

That is what got me started in my business...I started to go to NYC and buy clothing and shoes at wholesale in the garment district and now I sell wholesale to stores! So there are many ways to make money on ebay and whether it be new or used people will buy it. I have recently found a comapany that I can buy small lots of merchandise like shoes and clothing and other things like perfume and tools and try them out and sell them on ebay so that is what I have been doing on the side as well!

There are some great search engines you can just type in the word wholesale clothing or wholesale whatever and you will find a wealth of information and companies you can purchase from! Just make sure you research the companies and don't pay for any lists of wholesale information because there is really just no point...it's all information you can find out with a little research of your own!

Good Luck!

WOW cruisingjerseygirl...your post alone was very informative and provided great info. As I was reading thru this thread, I was like "Will someone just share some info without being so secretive" lol...and to my surprise yours provided the info I was looking for. I also recently saw an infomercial from the guy who walks you thru how to use the Microsoft office suite software, he now has a walk thru on how to buy and sell on ebay and how to make money doing it. I thought about getting his CD, but I'll just save this thread instead..

Thanks everyone for sharing...I need to find a better way to support my cruising addition too..:D

Oh, so you can get feedback for buying something too? That would make more sense! Thanks!

Not anymore, one of the things ebay sellers were "on strike" about a couple of weeks ago.

I must say, the title of this thread was much more intriguing then the content. :cool: :eek:

I have a friend who basically payed his college tuition through ebay. He was selling some great stuff. He was really good at video and film editing, so he would enter all these contests and win some great prizes like a PSP, ipod, DVD player, etc. But he didn't need most of the stuff, so he would sell it on ebay. Did pretty well also, especially when it was one of the more coveted purchases. His most proud sell, he won a Wii, sold it on ebay for some insane price, probably around 3-4 times what it's worth (sold it around Christmastime, I think). Then took the money he made from it and bought himself a Wii from Wal Mart.

Not anymore, one of the things ebay sellers were "on strike" about a couple of weeks ago.

I must say, the title of this thread was much more intriguing then the content. :cool: :eek:

The strike was about the fact that sellers could not leave negative feedback and had nothing to do with buyers getting feedback. In fact, after May, buyers can ONLY get positive feedback, whereas sellers can get negatives. Not fair at all...

My husband builds web sites and we pay for our cruises with the Google AdSense dollars .. it works out great and it is not as much effort as e-bay .. although I do buy some things for cruising on ebay:)

The strike was about the fact that sellers could not leave negative feedback and had nothing to do with buyers getting feedback. In fact, after May, buyers can ONLY get positive feedback, whereas sellers can get negatives. Not fair at all...

Isn't that stupid? If sellers can only leave positive feedback, then the feedback has no value. As a seller, we will no longer be leaving feedback for anyone.

Isn't that stupid? If sellers can only leave positive feedback, then the feedback has no value. As a seller, we will no longer be leaving feedback for anyone.
If I ever get negative (which I have not yet) I will leave a positive negative. It may have a plus next to it, but it will still share a piece of my mind.

I'm a bit nervous. We are flying out of IND, and there is blizzard conditions just to the east of us. They are expecting 8-12 inches of snow. So far, it looks like IND will just have 2-4 inches. I have been watching the flights and some are delayed out east, but most are on time everywhere else.

Can I buy some statewide heat on eBay?

I am going to try to sell some old gold jewelry for my upcoming cruise. I have heard that prices are quite high for gold right now. I was going to go today, but we are in the above mentioned blizzard!

I picked out old necklaces, bracelets, and a few rings. They haven't been worn in years. I'll see what they offer!

Other than that, I dabble in ebay and ExpoTv. Both are a bit time consuming, but can be lucrative.

Good Luck!

There are a lot of paid rewards sites out there, some of which are good and some of which aren't. I, personally have joined one that was recommended to me through on the Dis message boards. It it totally legit, and although I haven't made enough to pay for an entire cruise, it's some nice extra cash if you have the time to put in (I've not done much at all and have made about 350 bucks or so in about 8 months).

There are paid clicks and emails, daily surveys, shopping (get a % back by clicking through their site), and paid signups. It took a while to get through it all, but once I did, it's not so bad.

There are a lot of paid rewards sites out there, some of which are good and some of which aren't. I, personally have joined one that was recommended to me through on the Dis message boards. It it totally legit, and although I haven't made enough to pay for an entire cruise, it's some nice extra cash if you have the time to put in (I've not done much at all and have made about 350 bucks or so in about 8 months).

There are paid clicks and emails, daily surveys, shopping (get a % back by clicking through their site), and paid signups. It took a while to get through it all, but once I did, it's not so bad.

i do those too. not a lot of money but I kill time at work by reading emails and clicking on links and taking surveys.

Archived