Umbrella Stroller vs. graco quattro tour deluxe???

missbodies1177

I will be crusing with my son who will be 6 months old at the time of our cruise in May. I was just wondering what others recommend using?? I want my son to be comfortable but I think the graco deluxe might be too big to push around the ship and to use at dinner. I feel that a umbrella stoller is the perfect size but i'm not sure about comfort level for a 6 month old. Any Ideas????

We are planning to bring our Maclaren Quest on our cruise (Celebrity Infinity). I've read other posts that it's a good one to have. It reclines a little and my son is very comfortable in it. We've been using it since he was 7 months old.

I had thought about bringing my Metrolite but thought it would be too big. Glad to hear someone else say it worked out ok though in case I change my mind and want it.

a full size stroller fits fine in the hallways and thru the doors, I would not bring an umbrella stroller for a 6 month old, they just would not be comfortable, when they fall asleep you want to be able to let the baby recline.

Agreed, we brought our full size stroller onboard the Valor and had no issues getting around or in the dining room. We could not however get it through the door to our cabin so I simply had to collapse it and carry it in, but it did fit nicely in the closet. I would strongly recommend the full size stroller for the simple fact that you will have a hard time maneuvering the umbrella stroller through the sand. The larger wheels on the full size (Graco) stroller will make life alot easier as will the basket to throw towels and stuff in while in port.

I fear that you will spend more time carrying the umbrella stroller in port than using it.

Hope this helps.

I had the Quattro, and what a beast of a stroller that is!!! We bought a Mac Quest for Disney trips...we have anual passes so we go often, and I couldn't handle the big stroller and the baby on the tram by myself. With the leg rest extended and the seat reclined dd could nap comfortably. It eventually became our only stroller, if given a choice, she picked the Mac every time, even as a tiny toddler. When someone says umbrella strollers aren't comfortable for babies, they're talking about the cheap ones, not the higher quality ones like a Maclaren. Depending on cabin size, you may need something that folds up smaller than your Quattro, so it can be tucked under a bed or in the closet.

We have used the MacClaren Triumph on our last two cruises. I think it is the best stoller in the world!! The Quest actually has recline positions, so that may be even better. Either way, I'm sold on MacClaren. Our son has been using the Triumph since he was seven months and has always been able to sleep comfortably in it. On our last cruise we purchased the snack tray and the cup holder bag for it and were very pleased with both items.

Full size stollers are great because of the storage and the snack tray, but we felt that our full size Graco takes up too much room to store on airport shuttles, in the cabin and in the dining room. I love the MacClaren because I can hold my son and fold up the stoller at the same time all by myself. That leaves my husband free to handle our other luggage, tip the driver, grab a highchair ect.

I agree the Quattro is a beast :) I do love it though. Our baby will be 7 months old when we cruise and I really wanted her to be comfortable but did not want to lug the big stroller. I did tons of research and decided on the Maclaren Triumph. It reclines (almost fully) and has an extendable leg rest. I got it early to give my daughter time to get used to it. She sleeps just fine in it. If not I would have been bringing my Quattro. I would say try it out. Only you will know what works better for your little one. Good luck.

Liz

Archived