Eden Rock??

Ok..question for anyone that's been to Grand Cayman. As you come off the pier there is a beach area that is around Eden rock. In the excursion section in Carnival called Cayman Shore Snorkel, says you can come and go through out the day for 34.00.

I am assuming, beach/bar type thingie???

Have any of you done the Cayman Shore Snorkel? Can you tell me about it?

I don't swim! Just wanted hubby to be able to snorkel and me have somewhere to wait and or leave and come back. I know he will not have any interest in shopping. It says shopping across the street, what shops are near?

Anyone know??

Not sure why you'd have to pay $34.... As you get off the tender, facing the shops, with your back to the ocean, Eden Roc is literally a five-minute walk to the right. There is a little bar/restaurant there, so your hubby could snorkel and you could just relax and have a drink/snack, whatever. There are shops right across the street from there, all up and down the road. You'd be fine just going on your own.

Not sure why you'd have to pay $34.... As you get off the tender, facing the shops, with your back to the ocean, Eden Roc is literally a five-minute walk to the right. There is a little bar/restaurant there, so your hubby could snorkel and you could just relax and have a drink/snack, whatever. There are shops right across the street from there, all up and down the road. You'd be fine just going on your own.

Does it matter which tender pier you come in at? I have been reading that there are 2 possible piers to tender in at? How far apart are they? Thanks~

I agree with earlier posts. Was there last May, directions given and descriptions are accurate. My wife did not snorkel, she went shopping at the stores between the tender pier and the Eden Rock Dive Shop. Came back, got a drink at the shop and waited in the sun for a few minutes while I changed clothes and then we walked back to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. This is a very convenient place to combine shopping and diving or snorkel activities. Hope you have a good time. :)

I just went there this past wednesday (carnival imagination) and Eden Rock was fairly decent. There were some nice fish, water was good, and it is close to the pier (5-7 minutes) walk, right beside the restuarant 'Paradise'. You have to pay for a life jacket though, and I also got fins. For for $16 ($8.00 each thing) it was good. Keep in mind I had my own mask and snorkel tube.

I would reccomend it for newbies. However it didnt have that much coral and stuff so experienced snorkelers wouldn't enjoy it too much, I don't think. In all, I give it a 7/10.

Archived