Change in Dining Attire?

I think a lot of people had no idea what smart casual was.

Keep it simple.

If you really love to drees up try Celebrity. They seem to have 4 or 5 dress codes that no one seems to really understand.

Actually Celebrity has the same three different dress codes like RCCL with the exepmtion that on RCCL it´s smart casual and on X Informal. Not sure what´s hard to understand about this.

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Formal Night Attire

Ladies: Evening gown or fancy dress

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit

Informal Night Attire

Ladies: Informal dress or pants and blouse

Gentlemen: Jacket and tie with slacks

Casual Night Attire

Ladies: Pantsuit or sporty outfit

Gentlemen: Sport shirt and slacks

Iv read a lot about dressing up for dinner. Formal, semi formal and casual. I will be dressing up every night as that is what I would do if I was going out. I also feel for me its part of the experiance.Will I look out of place? will my Hubby be ok in a suit and tie on non formal or will he look out of place? We will be on second dining,:D

Iv read a lot about dressing up for dinner. Formal, semi formal and casual. I will be dressing up every night as that is what I would do if I was going out. I also feel for me its part of the experiance.Will I look out of place? will my Hubby be ok in a suit and tie on non formal or will he look out of place? We will be on second dining,:D

You will look absolutely fabulous...I personally think that you can never be over dressed! You guys will be the classiest couple in the dining room!

T

What are the dress codes onboard?

Just click the link…..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do;jsessionid=0000HPZhX-rItqMSt5oky9AUhXz:10ktdmqkf

This is RCI's dresscode. If you can't read and understand it, you probably shouldn't be on a cruise.

Thanks for the answer to the question no one asked.

Maybe what's needed here is more time cruising and less time reading web sites:D

Actually Celebrity has the same three different dress codes like RCCL with the exepmtion that on RCCL it´s smart casual and on X Informal. Not sure what´s hard to understand about this.

Yes and the cruise dos for Celerity say sometihing a little different. And non Cruise Ctitic folks who cruise them say something else.

And as usual it probably has little to do with how people really dress onboard?

I keep it simple, if I dress up on formal night it's for me and not for anyone else.

I only worry about my vacation, not yours.

Yes and the cruise dos for Celerity say sometihing a little different. And non Cruise Ctitic folks who cruise them say something else.

And as usual it probably has little to do with how people really dress onboard?

I keep it simple, if I dress up on formal night it's for me and not for anyone else.

I only worry about my vacation, not yours.

And it is that kind of selfish attitude that forces lines like RCI to have to hand out a dress code to begin with.:rolleyes: Imagine having to instruct adults on the finer points of actually clothing themselves in something other than sweats or shorts to have dinner in the MDR.:p :D

Teresapink. Thankyou;) My two sons aged 18 & 21 will be with us on their first cruise and have their Tux and suits ready! so we will be 4 :D

My daughter ,16, would love to be on your cruise! Your boys will be gorgeous!

What part of England? I've got friends there!

T

And it is that kind of selfish attitude that forces lines like RCI to have to hand out a dress code to begin with.:rolleyes: Imagine having to instruct adults on the finer points of actually clothing themselves in something other than sweats or shorts to have dinner in the MDR.:p :D

If you bother to read the post I said I dress up.

But my vavation is my business, not yours.

That is not selfish, it's a fact.

I do not dress for dinner to please you. Please don't dress up to please me as I will never notice.

And I sure don't need some Cruise Critic type or a website telling me how to dress.

And finally you really don't have any idea how I dress.

I wonder how may hard core dress code types really wear jeans and t-shirt to dinner.

Of course we all know this is a Cruise Critic problem and never a problem onboard a real cruise ship.

Ok-Let's play nice!

Billyelliot:

My friends are far from you...one in Enfield (about 2 hrs 45 nins) and one Kidderminster (2 hrs...)

Enjoy your cruise...I will wave at all passing airplanes on the 19th of April!:D

Teresa

Teresapink. yes i will wave down to the port. I will pobably be crying:( BTW My sons live in Hampstead at the moment which is only 11 miles from your friend:D

That is close!

My friend that lives in Kidderminster is my penpal from when I was 9 years old! I am now 44! My fourth grade teacher organized penpals for our whole class and we just kept on going!

Teresa

If you bother to read the post I said I dress up.

I do not dress for dinner to please you. Please don't dress up to please me as I will never notice.

And I sure don't need some Cruise Critic type or a website telling me how to dress.

I wonder how may hard core dress code types really wear jeans and t-shirt to dinner.

Of course we all know this is a Cruise Critic problem and never a problem onboard a real cruise ship.

Hear, hear!

Dontcha just love when people get all up in everyone else's business?

[quote name='Shipyard Cruiser']If you bother to read the post I said I dress up.

Of course we all know this is a Cruise Critic problem and never a problem onboard a real cruise ship.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MickeyB426']Hear, hear!

Dontcha just love when people get all up in everyone else's business?[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!! Mickey, we couldn't agree more.

This is RCI's dresscode. If you can't read and understand it, you probably shouldn't be on a cruise.

[quote name='Ohunion Cruzers']Exactly!!! Mickey, we couldn't agree more.

This is RCI's dresscode. If you can't read and understand it, you probably shouldn't be on a cruise.[/quote]

So you need a website and a written code to undrestand how to dress for a formal night.

Sad.

I don't.

But I agree on this.

MYOB would be good advice for quite a few folks out here.

[quote name='Shipyard Cruiser']So you need a website and a written code to undrestand how to dress for a formal night.

Sad.

I don't.

But I agree on this.

MYOB would be good advice for quite a few folks out here.[/QUOTE]

I don't. But there are obviously a few who do. Just pointing them in the right direction. Not a big believer in the "Minority Should Rule" movement going on in this country.

[quote name='Ohunion Cruzers']I don't. But there are obviously a few who do. Just pointing them in the right direction. Not a big believer in the "Minority Should Rule" movement going on in this country.[/QUOTE]

What I can tell you is this...I agree with your sentiment about "Minority Rules", but it's a bit extreme to think it applies to cruise line dress codes.

If I have to worry one minute about whether my meal is going to be ruined because someone wasn't dressed for formal night, well, I should REALLY get a life. I have more important things to worry about.

[quote name='Ohunion Cruzers']I don't. But there are obviously a few who do. Just pointing them in the right direction. Not a big believer in the "Minority Should Rule" movement going on in this country.[/quote]

Back to the good old days.

Where everyone knew their place.

I'll bet your a Republican:D

[quote name='MickeyB426']If I have to worry one minute about whether my meal is going to be ruined because someone wasn't dressed for formal night, well, I should REALLY get a life. I have more important things to worry about.[/quote]

Which is the point many of us try to make.

But for some their cruise seems to depend on what everyone else is wearing.

Sort of sad when you think about it.

[quote name='MickeyB426']What I can tell you is this...I agree with your sentiment about "Minority Rules", but it's a bit extreme to think it applies to cruise line dress codes.

If I have to worry one minute about whether my meal is going to be ruined because someone wasn't dressed for formal night, well, I should REALLY get a life. I have more important things to worry about.[/QUOTE]

It's not about a ruined meal.....It's about rules, and how a small minority ignore the rules. Rules should apply to everyone and it is up to the author of the rule to enforce the rules.

[quote name='Ohunion Cruzers']It's not about a ruined meal.....It's about rules, and how a small minority ignore the rules. Rules should apply to everyone and it is up to the author of the rule to enforce the rules.[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between rules and suggestions. You may WANT them to be rules, but they're not.

It has nothing to do with that the "minority" wants. That's rubbish. It's all a matter of personal interpretation.

I'd much rather RCCL enforce chair-hogging (whish IS a rule), than worry about whether someone wears a jacket to Formal Night (which is NOT a rule, but merely a "Suggestion").

[quote name='MickeyB426']There's a big difference between rules and suggestions. You may WANT them to be rules, but they're not.

It has nothing to do with that the "minority" wants. That's rubbish. It's all a matter of personal interpretation.

I'd much rather RCCL enforce chair-hogging (whish IS a rule), than worry about whether someone wears a jacket to Formal Night (which is NOT a rule, but merely a "Suggestion").[/quote]

Understand that many of the really hard core dress code types have issues that extend far beyond the dress code.

By strict enforcement of the dress code they think they are going to keep out the type of people they feel should not cruise.

[quote name='Shipyard Cruiser']Understand that many of the really hard core dress code types have issues that extend far beyond the dress code.

By strict enforcement of the dress code they think they are going to keep out the type of people they feel should not cruise.[/QUOTE]

You got that right!!!:rolleyes:

Archived