Dressing baby & crib question

aaklang

I am going to Alaska on Infinity (Celebrity) in May and will have my 11 month old son with me. Can someone lay out what he should wear for each of the different types of dining?

Casual

Informal

Formal

My other question - we are in a veranda cabin, but not a suite, so it's just a standard sized room. How does the crib fit in there? I cruised on Celebrity a couple of years ago and can't imagine how we would have fit the crib into the room!

I did Celebrity on the Summit a few years back, and after sailing with Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Costa, Celebrity is still my favorite.

We just returned from the Carnival Conquest with our 14 month old. We also took him on a Carnival cruise at 11 months. (11 months was easier than 14 months.)

On formal nights he wore a tux, on semi-formal he wore pants, a button down shirt and a sweater vest, and on casual nights he wore pants and a polo.

With a regular veranda room there is no good place for the crib. It's just crowded. We moved the coffee table over and put the crib next to that. I read somewhere here that people moved the nightstand out from the window side of the bed and put the crib between the bed and the window. I'm not sure if there is a really good solution on where to put the crib.

Last time we were on Celebrity (without a baby), we had them take the coffee table out completely, so hopefully we can do that again to make extra room for the crib. If not, maybe at least the nightstand as you suggested.

I was hoping not to need a tux for him. Do you think we'd be frowned upon if he just wore nice slacks and a dress shirt (no tie or jacket) on formal nights?

Last time we were on Celebrity (without a baby), we had them take the coffee table out completely, so hopefully we can do that again to make extra room for the crib. If not, maybe at least the nightstand as you suggested.

I was hoping not to need a tux for him. Do you think we'd be frowned upon if he just wore nice slacks and a dress shirt (no tie or jacket) on formal nights?

My DH went without a tux on formal night and no one frowned, I can't imagine anyone even blinking an eye about a baby, besides most people are too busy fussing over how cute any baby is to even notice..:p

Archived