Time for Disembarking in Civitavecchia

Anyone who has been on Galaxy Med. Cruise know what time they start disembarking from Galaxy and what is the latest time they allow you to leave. We supposedly get into the port at 4:00 AM. However, when I contacted Celebrity directly they told me I should not book my flight to go home before noon. That seemed awfully late to me, but I booked a 2:00 PM flight (I could not get one for noon) home.

My question is, are they going to make us leave by 8:00 or so or will I be able to stay on the ship later, so I don't have to spend 4 or more hours in the airport? I actually called Celebrity about this too and the rep could not answer my question, which I found very curious.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shari

If you hire a private driver, you can make a noon flight. It's a hour drive to the airport and probably 2 hours to check in.

Or just take the 2:00PM flight and not worry about missing your flight.

I am on a 10:10 AM flight. That is why I am taking RC ship transfer to the airport. RC told me, the earliest I could make a flight is 10:00 AM. I am cutting it close. I suggest calling your cruise line to confirm the earliest flight you can make.

I am on a 10:10 AM flight. That is why I am taking RC ship transfer to the airport. RC told me, the earliest I could make a flight is 10:00 AM. I am cutting it close. I suggest calling your cruise line to confirm the earliest flight you can make.

I'm on a 10:10 a.m. flight from Rome to JFK too and was concerned about the time being so early even though we dock at 5:00 a.m. However, Celebrity booked same and I'll have to hope they get us to the plane on time. No point unduly stressing out about it.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm on a 10:10 a.m. flight from Rome to JFK too and was concerned about the time being so early even though we dock at 5:00 a.m. However, Celebrity booked same and I'll have to hope they get us to the plane on time. No point unduly stressing out about it.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have to take 3 flights to get home. I am using miles. I am flying from Rome to Madrid on IBERIA then, to London on IBERIA then, home on American. American has a direct flight but never released any seats for miles. That's another story! My itinerary says we dock at 4:00 AM. I still hope we can make it on time!

Seller8 We are also using the American miles and I know what you mean about the round about way you have to get home with them. We have to fly Lax to Ny on AA then change to Iberia and fly to Madrid then into Rome. We have 2 hours to change planes in both NY and Madrid.On the way back all I could do was fly on BA to London into Gatwick and then out of Heathrow to Toronto and then with AA into LAX. We decided to add 3 nights in London as long as we had to stay one night anyway.

I have never worked so hard as trying to use the air miles, but we also are getting the business class so that is nice. I just hope we make all of our connections on the way there. On the return our flight does not leave until noon.

I have to take 3 flights to get home. I am using miles. I am flying from Rome to Madrid on IBERIA then, to London on IBERIA then, home on American. American has a direct flight but never released any seats for miles. That's another story! My itinerary says we dock at 4:00 AM. I still hope we can make it on time!

Hi Sellers. We're also taking 3 flights to get home. We're in Toronto and going the round about way back home. Rome to JFK and then to Miami, where we're staying overnight, and then home to Toronto the next day. Pretty involved. We'd considered something else but wanted to make sure all our luggage got back home with us at the same time. The night in Miami breaks the trip up and hopefully gives us a rest from flying. Wish, however, we could leave our suitcases in the airport and just use an overnighter for the short stay, but it doesn't seem to be possible, unless others have had experience with storing luggage at the airport and would care to share their experience.

It looks like I am not alone with 3 flights. On the way home, I only have 1 hour and 15 min layover in Madrid and 1 hour and 40 min layover in London. This is really cutting it close!

On the way over, I only have two flights. I have a 1 hour and 35 min layover in Brussels. Then I am flying to Florence for a 3 night stay, one night in Pisa, then to the port by train. I hope the flight connections are uneventful!

3 flights getting to Rome?????? God bless you!

I just found a new reason to like living in Chicago (even with this brutal winter)...... we have a direct flight on AA from Chicago O'Hare to Rome and again back home.

AA has one non-stop flight a day to Rome at 3:30 PM and one non-stop coming back to Chicago a day at 11:00 AM. We are on both of those flights.

I used air miles for one of the tickets, I didn't have enough for both.

That was why we confirmed with Carnival that we could make the 11AM flight, if we couldn't, we would have spent the day in Rome and gone home the next morning on the direct flight.

3 flights getting to Rome?????? God bless you!

I just found a new reason to like living in Chicago (even with this brutal winter)...... we have a direct flight on AA from Chicago O'Hare to Rome and again back home.

AA has one non-stop flight a day to Rome at 3:30 PM and one non-stop coming back to Chicago a day at 11:00 AM. We are on both of those flights.

I used air miles for one of the tickets, I didn't have enough for both.

That was why we confirmed with Carnival that we could make the 11AM flight, if we couldn't, we would have spent the day in Rome and gone home the next morning on the direct flight.

I live in Chicago as well. American does not have any standard flights available unless, you want to use 100,000 miles per person. I booked my flight the 1st day it was available (330 some days in advance). You are correct, American has a direct flight from Rome to Chicago. Although, I could not book it unless I used 100,000 miles. This is why I have 3 flights to get home. This experence has made me switch to United.

Archived