Has anyone used Advance Check In Service at NOLA airport before cruise?

gardengal5

I saw a service offered at the NOLA airport called Advance Check in. Upon landing, you claim your luggage and take it to their office which is around baggage claim. They then take it to Carnival for you, so you can tour around NOLA....Has anyone used it????

• 6 years later...
I saw a service offered at the NOLA airport called Advance Check in. Upon landing, you claim your luggage and take it to their office which is around baggage claim. They then take it to Carnival for you, so you can tour around NOLA....Has anyone used it????

Yes, unfortunately, my parents just used them. They thought the same thing - that it would be so great to tour around NOLA before their cruise left. Sadly, they should have just stored their luggage on their own because Advance Check-In totally screwed them over.

Truly, I have never encountered such an unprofessional and unhelpful company. Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars. Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company. I implore you to never, ever use them.