Tender question for handicapped

poptart

A little background first--

My dd and sil may go with us on the Legend in November--my dd is handicapped (lupus and rh with a deteriating spine--she's only 37) she rides a scooter a good bit--but can walk short distances.

I've already told her she may not be able to leave the ship in Belize--those tenders are wild been there/done that! but with her limitations it would be very hard for her to board them and the rough ride could injure her spine

So my question is this--how is the tender ride and boarding for the "special" tender to Bannister Island? Is it easy on and off and is the tender ride smooth? Once off the tender how long is the walk to the beach? She loves the beach and water and says when she is "floating" is the only time she is totally pain free.

Thanks for any info you or anyone else can give me.

Here is some pics of the island, The tender docks on the back of the island

565.jpg

627.jpg

605.jpg

Here is some info:

Wheelchair Access

There is wheel chair access on the tender boats. The island caters for the disabled guests with ramp access areas.

Restroom Information

There is a designated detached restroom with ramp access for the Disabled.

Terrain

The island is mostly flat and therefore can be covered with ease. It is suitable for most guests, even those who may need slight assistance i.e. walker, cane, etc . It is not recommended for people who have difficulties managing steps unless they are in a wheelchair that can be pushed around. If they are wheelchair confined, we have staff to assist, but we would recommend that they are accompanied by a relative or a friend. The snorkeling activity is not recommended for wheelchair-confined guests due to the nature of this activity. Wheel chair guests will have space provided for them to store their collapsible chairs whilst being transported to and from the venue.

Maybe someone else can help with the other questions.

onlydreams--God Bless you for such a wonderful answer!! Beautiful pictures.

Is the tender ride to the beach more gentle than the tender ride from the ship into Belize? That is a wild ride. I worry about her balance and back.

Archived