First cruise over, the Fantasy was a blast!

nashwl

My first cruised wrapped up on Saturday the 8th. I had a blast! The weather could have been nicer, but it was great weather for our port stops and that was what I cared most about. The Fantasy was a very fun ship. People say it needs an overhaul, but I really had a good time and thought the ship was impressive. The staff was friendly and will do anything for you. Our tablemates were fun to talk with and I thought the food was very good as well.

Outside of the bad weather on the final day, I couldnt find one thing wrong with that cruise. I had such a good time I am planning my next one already. This time it will be 7 days, most likely on Valor in December.

I know Valor is a bigger and newer ship, so I should be even more impressed! Anyone have an opinion on Carnival's best ship (and dont say Splendor haha). Any big differences between the Spirit and Conquest classes?

Also, a big thanks to everyone on these boards. The tips and hints were awesome and really helped make things go smoothly!! It also helps me save some cash!!

I was feeling the same way reading reviews from other people about Fantasy.

Granted it was my first cruise, but I really enjoyed the ship. Some parts you can tell its older, but you will have so much fun you will not care, lol. Plenty of deck space, and the back of the ship is devoid of children if you want some real peace and quiet.

Progreso was my lazy day. I just relaxed on the beach and took a swim in the ocean. They have a nice town square that is good for shopping as well. Not the biggest, but they have everything you will need. Got my vanilla there for 2 bucks for the large bottles. There is also a lady on the beach that sells T-shirts 6 for 12 dollars. She has Harley Davidson and others. Not the best quality, but a cheap gift for people who dont expect something. That is about the norm. Get your shopping out of the way in Progreso, Cozumel is more expensive, outside of the beer.

Anything else feel free to ask :)

I am happy to learn that you had a blast. We went on the Fantasy in 93 and at that time Carnival was explaining to us how LARGE the ships are going to be in future. We had trouble understanding the concept. In any event, I think you had the right idea by starting off your cruise addiction by sailing on a small FUN ship! Now, start planning the next one!

We loved the Fantasy when we were on her over NYE. We have been on the Freedom of the Seas (at the time that was the largest cruise ship sailing the oceans and seas) and I still say the Fantasy is an awesome ship.

Our sailing was a cool and rocky one at times but we had a blast. Remember your vacation is what you make of it. :o

Glad to hear you had a good time. Sounds like you are already hooked like the rest of us. :D

I've cruised on Fantasy twice & will be doing it again in a few weeks. I like those shiney, new , bigger ships but Fantasy suits me fine too.

Liberty has been my favorite so far with Conquest second. Valor is nice too.

Thanks for reassuring me also. Me and my fiance are going on the Fantasy in may it is also our first cruise. So it nice knowing that it not as bad as people say it is. I think the people saying its bad are people thats been on the newer ships and can't accept the fact that she is 18 years old and is the second smallest ship in carnival fleet now.

Glad to hear you had a great time on the Fantasy. We also will be taking our first cruise ever on the Fantasy. What did you do in Cozumel? What type of room did you have on the boat? How formal was formal night? How was the entertainment? more more more:eek:

Glad that you had a good time!!

I loved the FANTASY ship too:D

had bad weather our last day onboard also :rolleyes:

(on the second cruise on FANTASY )

WAS real bad ...they even closed down the pools

and were posting VOMIT BAGS everywhere ...LOL

did yours get bad like that ?:eek:

In cozumel I dived (certified diver). The reefs were nice, but average compared to some of the other cites I have dived. Still had a wonderfull time.

I think I had a 4A or 4B? Not sure, lol. All I know was it was on the Main Deck and it was an inside with seperate beds. It was a nice stateroom that was always kept spotless by our steward. I was only in there to change, shower and sleep so I really could have cared less what it was like.

Formal night was very nice. I wore a black suit. Most people had suits, some tuxes, most women had on formal gowns. The younger women (college age) had on Prom dresses haha.

I didnt take in many shows (not my thing), but the comedian was awesome. The band on the Lido Deck (Cool Runnings) was good. They are talented and really give the impression they enjoy putting on a show. The solo performer at the main bar on next to the Purses desk was also very, very good. He played songs by request.

DO NOT buy the monkey drink on day two. Yeah, it looks cool, but its also 17 bucks. (That is an entire bucket of Bud Light). Didnt know that when I bought it. Now it just stares at me from my dresser.

Everyone will be trying to sell you Cubans in Progreso and Cozumel. Not all of them are true Cubans. If you dont know what to look for, then dont buy them. If you do and you do buy them, make sure you smoke them before you get to Customs.

Anything else let me know!

My first cruised wrapped up on Saturday the 8th. I had a blast! The weather could have been nicer, but it was great weather for our port stops and that was what I cared most about. The Fantasy was a very fun ship. People say it needs an overhaul, but I really had a good time and thought the ship was impressive. The staff was friendly and will do anything for you. Our tablemates were fun to talk with and I thought the food was very good as well.

Outside of the bad weather on the final day, I couldnt find one thing wrong with that cruise. I had such a good time I am planning my next one already. This time it will be 7 days, most likely on Valor in December.

I know Valor is a bigger and newer ship, so I should be even more impressed! Anyone have an opinion on Carnival's best ship (and dont say Splendor haha). Any big differences between the Spirit and Conquest classes?

Also, a big thanks to everyone on these boards. The tips and hints were awesome and really helped make things go smoothly!! It also helps me save some cash!!

So glad to know you had a wonderful time on your first cruise! Welcome to the addiction that needs no cure!!!

Personally, my favorite ship is the one I'll be on next... They are all a bit different and it's those differences that keeps it interesting.

Thanks for all the info. I am just a little anxious about our trip. Been planning since sept 07!!!!!!!!! I can be anal!!!! anyway thanks. We moved ours up recently. Planning on doing the scuba training in Cozumel to see if we like it before we put out the money for the full lessons. Thanks again.

All of our cruises have been on the Fantasy size ships, our last spring vacation on the Fantasy itself and we absolutely loved it, I dont understand the negative reviews. All the shows were good and Big Tex was an absolute blast.

We had the kids with us and we rented a jeep in Cozumel, toured the ruins on our own and hit paradise beach, which the boys enjoyed. If we ever go without them, we wud probably choose the Nochi Cochum beach.

The cruise director is Butch Begovich.

Very energetic and friendly guy.

The golf pro was a Canadian named Virginia (?). She was very talented and a great teacher. She is also very attractive, lol.

Archived