Top Drive Car Rental

Aimiloo

We used these guys and we're lucky to be alive after taking that sketchy jeep to the natural pool. Just a sampling of issues:

Roof kept blowing off

Seat belts did not work

Tired bald and cracking

Gear shift COMES OFF

Knobs missing in car

Flies EVERYWHERE and quite a nasty smell i might add

We called it the tetnus mobile. Seriously the jeep had issues. I've rented on plenty of islands and know what to expect. This jeep was a disgrace!!!! YES Top Drive was at the little booth on time, but i'd rather have used someone else with a better car! it still gives me the heebie jeebies

Pics on page 1 and 2

http://web.mac.com/aimiloo/iWeb/Site/Photos.html

We called our TopDrive jeep the "sketchmobile". They stepped in with "their last jeep" after Smart Car Rental (I had booked with months ago but never given credit card to) never showed up. After arguing them down to the same price Smart had promised, we got the worst jeep I had ever seen. Rips in seat, slack steering, bad brakes. It stalled 10-12 times before we were 2 miles out of town. We stopped across from the major beach strip to change drivers, as I didn't feel safe driving it. The key then jammed in the lock and it couldn't be started again. After 10+ phone calls (a local ReMax office helped us out) - TopDrive came out with a new jeep (I guess ours wasn't the last one after all!), but told us we had to drive it back to the port and cancel the contract. We left both jeeps by the side of the road and went to the beach across the street. To date, our Mastercard has not been charged ...

We took the bus back - I shudder to think what would have happened if we waited until we were at the top of the island on an empty beach to turn it off ...

We used Top Drive last week and were very disappointed in them. I had pre reserved and put a credit card down for a Suzuki mini van, when we checked in they gave my husband a Sport Trac. He also overcharged him. I went back and showed him my email and he said he didnt have that car. He did agree to reduce the price by $12.00 but it meant that 6 of us had to fit in a car for 5. The engine light was on, the brakes terrible. I would not recommend this company, this was clearly a bait and switch operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived