Pool At Chankanaab

puggal

We went in Dec 06 and I don't remember there being a pool. The beach was gorgeous though and there was a little inlet near where people were swimming with the dolphins that was ideal if you are traveling with kids. Very peaceful and pretty!

Did I understand there is a pool at Chankanaab Park that anyone that pays admission can swim in. Do very many people us the pool?

We were there last week. We got to the part @ 11:30 ship time (10:30 Cozumel time) and they moved our dolphin encounter to 11 for us. That gave my 2 boys 30 min. to swim. The pool is shaped like a 3 leaf clover and shallow at the edges and 5' in the middle - no diving obvioulsy. There were 3-4 other kids when we were there, so there was plent of space. People seemed to gravitate to the beach - with the nice shade 'cause it can get smokin' hot down there! If I remember, the pool is salt water....

The beach is awesome and usually not very crowded. Which is why the pool is hardly ever used.

Of the three times I've been to Chankanaab, I only noticed the pool being used once. I don't particularly need a pool with the beach being so near. But, I once stuck my foot in the water and it was cold. Not sure if it was salt or not. I do not believe there is an additional cost to use the pool and if there is, not sure how they would monitor it.

The pool at Chankanaab is very nice and there's no extra charge to use it. My husband and I were there on Feb. 21/08 and the whole park is beautiful (loved the beach!). We took a quick dip in the pool right at the end of the day after laying in the sun for a bit and it was really nice (and freshwater, by the way). I have a couple pics that show some of the pool, I'll try to attach them below.

1918784466_n708081728_729745_88551.jpg.a2b6dc3ac1b4e50b9fa403420903810f.jpg

n708081728_729746_9247.jpg.3520e41a6a4b519cb7ace2ce6b283318.jpg

The pool at Chankanaab is very nice and there's no extra charge to use it. My husband and I were there on Feb. 21/08 and the whole park is beautiful (loved the beach!). We took a quick dip in the pool right at the end of the day after laying in the sun for a bit and it was really nice (and freshwater, by the way). I have a couple pics that show some of the pool, I'll try to attach them below.

This will be our first trip to Cozumel. Did you take a cab to Chankanaab? How far was it from the pier? Any info is greatly appreciated as it will just be myself and my 15 yr old dd.

It costs an extra $10 to use the pool. I was told this by the cashier when we entered. However when we got to the pool it was obvious there was no way to know who paid and who didn't, plus nobody watching to enforce. My advice would be to don't pay and use it anyway. We swam in it only for a few minutes to cool off. It was very cold but refreshing.

It costs an extra $10 to use the pool. I was told this by the cashier when we entered. However when we got to the pool it was obvious there was no way to know who paid and who didn't, plus nobody watching to enforce. My advice would be to don't pay and use it anyway. We swam in it only for a few minutes to cool off. It was very cold but refreshing.

Isn't that strange how inconsistent they are at Chankanaab? In the three times I've been there, not once have they asked if I wanted to use there pool. I was only asked if I needed to rent snorkel equipment.

I remembered the debate on this forum about whether or not it cost extra so I asked them. As I said before we did not pay but swam in it anyway to cool off and there was nobody around.

Oh, I see. You asked. That's something I would never do at a tourist attraction, ask "Does it cost extra to do this?" I probably know the answer before I ask.

This will be our first trip to Cozumel. Did you take a cab to Chankanaab? How far was it from the pier? Any info is greatly appreciated as it will just be myself and my 15 yr old dd.

My husband and I went there with another couple and I believe the cab ride was $15. It is about five-seven minutes from the pier, depending of course, which pier your ship is docked to.

It was beautiful. I recommend the place highly.

MissRissa: the cab ride was pretty short as mentioned by others. We were on Carnival so the pier is a little further away, took about 10-15 minutes (Royal Caribbean's pier was a little closer). I don't know how much it cost as we (4 of us in total) did the dolphin program there and so got vouchers from Chankanaab to get the taxi for free.

I highly recommend going there, the beach was so beautiful and the facilities are very nice.

So there is an actual beach where you can swim, right?

Well, yes there's a beach. Can you walk into the water? That's a debatable question. There's a place at Chank that is man made and you can actually walk into the water .. this is called the "Kiddy beach". The other sections of Chank are rocky and require that you walk down rocky steps. Once you're off the steps the water is a bit deep and you must be able to swim from that point on. These are the places where the snorkeling is decent/to good.

So there is an actual beach where you can swim, right?

I just returned from Chank and would absolutey NOT go there if you are looking for a beach day. Don't get me wrong, I loved our day there as we went for the Dolphins. And it was amazing! And it is a beautiful place for sure.

As mentioned the pool is very nice and although it is supposed to be for Dolphin swimmers only, no one checks if you use the pool.

But, the beach there is not great for swimming. The cove is man made and there are HUGE rocks you need to negotiate around to get out to where the deep water is. This is not a beach where you wade in in nice sandy soil and play in the water. If you are looking for a typical beach do not go to Chank. You will be very disappointed.

Archived