Cabo with three generations

mousecrazy

I'm looking for an excursion in Cabo (8a-4pm) that will be appropriate for my group...3 kids (1,6,10), my sister and dad (age 86). We don't want to do the beach (we'll do that at an earlier port). Looking for some sightseeing and a little shopping. Will there be 'tour guides' waiting for us at the pier? If so, will we be able to find someone fluent in English? Or should I attempt to set something up before we leave?

If you just want to shop and see a little of the town, Cabo is very small and quite walkable. The whole town centers around the marina where you will be let off from the ship's tenders. From there you can pretty much walk everywhere. There are no major sites to see like some of the other ports.

One thing that shouldn't be missed is a boat tour out to The Arch. It should cost about $10/pp and would be about a half hour tour. There will be lines of water taxi drivers on the pier when you arrive. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat- negociate!

Then you could just wander around town and have lunch at some of the fabulous restaurants. I highly recommend Solomon's Landing right on the marina. Excellent food and drinks and a great people watching spot. You can't miss it if you are walking toward town on the marina walk. If you just keep walking straight, it will be on your right side as the walkway begins to turn right.

Have fun!:)

One thing that shouldn't be missed is a boat tour out to The Arch. It should cost about $10/pp and would be about a half hour tour. There will be lines of water taxi drivers on the pier when you arrive. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat- negociate!

Thanks for the info...Sounds like it's a great place to just take it easy and wander around.

One question...are the water taxi's stable to get in to and out of? My dad is a little wobbly, but otherwise in great shape. Do you think he will be okay - I'll be there to lend him a hand.

Just a little clarification on the water taxi's (for your wobbly dad). You should have no problem entering and exiting the water taxi's from near the tender dock. That does not go for Lover's Beach or Medano Beach. At those areas, you must exit or enter in 2-4 feet of water (on a rocking boat).

So if you plan to go out to the Arch, make sure you bid for a round-trip price and not a one way (with a drop off at Lover's Beach).

If you wish to go over to Medano Beach (a swimming beach). Your dad will be happier with a regular taxi.

Also, the walk from the tender dock to the main part of town is a good hike. A taxi there and back (or maybe a fold up walking cane) will be helpful for your dad.

Hi ,

We will be Cabo on April 25 from 8 to 4. We(10 of us) booked this excursion for the day. For your info? Questions ??

http://www.CaboSanLucasTours.net

after the page comes up, click on the picture that says sightseeing, then next page click on Los Cabo Deluxe City tour( it includes the glasss bottom boat ride, seeing Dolphins before you leave for the boat tour. etc.etc.

Frank

If you want to see the town of San Jose instead of Cabo, this might not be too bad. It sounds like a lot of driving though. The town of Cabo where you dock is very walkable and you could do the glass bottom boat tour on your own (water taxi).

Depends on what you are looking to do. San Jose is located about 20 miles from Cabo. It looks like a good price for all you get and the tour company is a well known one.

Thanks for the info...Sounds like it's a great place to just take it easy and wander around.

One question...are the water taxi's stable to get in to and out of? My dad is a little wobbly, but otherwise in great shape. Do you think he will be okay - I'll be there to lend him a hand.

Hi...just another safety thought for your dad...parts of Cabo and outskirts have uneven walking areas...:p some cobblestone-like, some just hilly and areas of broken concrete. There are areas with good sidewalks too, though. You just probably want to make sure he has good shoes for a variety of terrain. If you're taking it slow, it shouldn't be a problem.:)

Archived