Bartering cont.

cruisin0308

Cozumel is not a place where bartering takes place. You need to go to more remote locations for that to work. Just about everything is available here in Cozumel. Money is the form of exchange here, and a general rule of thumb is that bigger stores with a/c and price tags on their merchandise have more fixed prices. Little hole in the wall places will wheel and deal with you.

Enjoy!

Cozumel is not a place where bartering takes place. You need to go to more remote locations for that to work. Just about everything is available here in Cozumel. Money is the form of exchange here, and a general rule of thumb is that bigger stores with a/c and price tags on their merchandise have more fixed prices. Little hole in the wall places will wheel and deal with you.

Enjoy!

That's what I was asking to begin with when I asked if they barter? That meant bringing items from the US to trade with them, like we did in the Dominican. We've been to Cozumel once before and we know we can wheel and deal for a better price, as we have done that too. Now we know and that's fine with me, more room in my luggage for souvenirs....

Archived