Dawn Beach

logbook

I can't get the search to work, and I need some info! I remember reading about Dawn Beach - can I get that info again? How far from the ship is it? Price to expect for the taxi? Is there a restaurant there and/or any shopping? Walkable to anything else? Also, which is better to visit - that or Divi? Thanks!!!

I can't get the search to work, and I need some info! I remember reading about Dawn Beach - can I get that info again? How far from the ship is it? Price to expect for the taxi? Is there a restaurant there and/or any shopping? Walkable to anything else? Also, which is better to visit - that or Divi? Thanks!!!

Dawn Beach is still on the Dutch side, not quite as far as Orient. The cab ride should run you around $15 or so.

There are 3 restaurants there (Mr. Busbys, Beau Beau's, and Big Fish). No shopping however except from a couple of beach vendors. As far as how is compares do Divi....that is a personal preference issue. I can tell you that it is not a huge, long beach along the lines of Orient.

Dawn Beach is still on the Dutch side, not quite as far as Orient. The cab ride should run you around $15 or so.

There are 3 restaurants there (Mr. Busbys, Beau Beau's, and Big Fish). No shopping however except from a couple of beach vendors. As far as how is compares do Divi....that is a personal preference issue. I can tell you that it is not a huge, long beach along the lines of Orient.

Thanks for the response. Are there also restaurants and/or shops at Divi?

Divi is a timeshare/hotel property. There is a place to eat and a few "hotel type" shops, but nothing of substance. If you're looking for a lunch with some level of quality, it certainly isn't Divi. If you want meaningful shops, it's also not Divi.

Don't rule oout Dawn beach unless you must have shopping.

It's our favorite beach if we're not going to Orient.

Walk the near-half-mile long beach and enjoy a cold $.75 beer.

th_DSCN2691.jpg

(click)

Additional pictures posted here and here and here.

Taxi would be $15 each way for two. Figure 20 minutes +/-.

th_DSCN3857.jpg

gary

Thanks Gary. We just might stick with Dawn. It looks beautiful. Thanks for the pictures. Will there be taxis hanging around there, or should we ask the taxi driver that brings us there to come back and get us? I appreciate all your help!

The last few times we have been to St Maarten, we visited Mullet Bay & loved it. First time we took a taxi & I think it ran $32 for 4 of us o/w. Then we found that we could take the city bus for $1.50 p/p. Will the city bus take us to Dawn Beach also? Im not sure where it is in comparision to Mullet Bay.

Archived