We need a less scary cab ride to a beach

cherylscruises

Have you ever been to Atlanta, Miami or NYC? lol ;)

Seriously though...Our family has been there several times (my DD and SIL own a condo there as well) and we have never had a problem. True the roads are curvy and mountainous, but the drivers are used to the roads & driving conditions, and do a great job of watching out for each other and pedestrians. Just relax and enjoy the view if you don't want to watch the road...you will have numerous photo ops along the way to take your mind off the drive.

Bobsfamily....I wasn't familiar with that area of St. Thomas but I know of several areas in Grenada that are similar. My brother just moved back to the states from Grenada after living there for 2 years and went to a tiny village back in the mountains on Saturday nights for a local "fish fry." He and a few friends were similarly "adopted" by their favorite cab driver and his family. I'm just sorry I didn't choose to go to med school in the Carribean! :)

Archived