Loved Costa, Fortuna, March 2 to 9th

Jodster19

We just returned from the Costa Fortuna and I could probably type for a week on what a great time we had but I will try to keep in short, if possible. My husband and I went to the Western Caribbean from March 2nd to 9th. OH MY GOD! What a super time we had. We have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about our cruise. The ship was fabulous. The staff were great and the food was unbelievable!!!! Anyone that complains about the food should be ashamed!! Sure they had the same breakfast buffet everyday but they had everything and anything in the buffet. There was NOTHING missing. If you didnt like something, you took something else. The food was very, very good!!!! We had an oceanview room was great! I wouldnt have wanted an inside room, I would get claustrophobic I think. We liked to be able to see the ocean. Maybe next time we will get a balcony, but we just went outside whenever we wanted anyway, so that was no problem. The tours on the islands were great too. We went to Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Turk. We swam with the stingrays at stingray city in Grand Cayman. Everyone should so this. It is quite an experience!!! That one is cheaper to buy right on the island though, rather than on the ship like we did!! Next time we know. Also, in Jamaica, we took the catamaran party cruise with the Jamaicans to Dunns river falls. That was fun. We climbed up the huge waterfall which was really an experience then partied with the Jamaicans on the catamaran on our way back. What a hoot!!! All the free rum punch we could drink. Wow. That stuff is good!!! What fun. Those were the only tours we took, the other islands we just shopped and went to the beach. Also, there is so much to do on the ship. Always something going on!!! We even wore togas on the last night!! Our stewardess, Merlina was really cute. She did some fancing folding of towels, etc in our room every night!!! We had no problem with anything. Had plenty of towels, facecloths, soap, etc. As a matter of fact, they must know when you leave the room, beause our bathroom was cleaned at least twice a day with fresh towels and facecloths. They also kept our icebucket full!! Oh, and we took our own liquour on in our checked baggage and had no problem whatsoever!!! Oh, and yes, there are very many different languages on this Italian ship but thats just fine. The staff is so good. They speak, or try to speak all the languages and everyone gets along fine. There were NO rude passengers at all. Its just some people dont speak english so they cant talk to us but they certainly were not rude. We would recommend Costa cruises to everyone and can hardly wait until our next one. Next time we might try the Eastern Caribbean. :)

Thank you for your review! We're leaving Sunday and I can't wait!!!

How were the wait times during dinner? I've heard dinner took two hours, but I've also heard they didn't. Which seating did you have and which dining room were you in?

Hope you don't mind the questions.

Of course I dont mind the questions. Glad to help out. We took the first seating, which Im VERY glad of. We ate at 545. Did not have to wait two hours to eat. All went very well. We were in the Michalagelo restaurant. What a great time. We dined 4 nights in dining room and did three of the nights at the buffet. Both were great!!! Have a great cruise. I know you will LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Archived