Any comments on Big City Diner or other places to eat?

ghoterman

We will be in Waikiki 3/14/8 and looking for recommendations for places to eat.I've heard good and not so good about Big City Diner.What do you think or any other suggestions.We have a few 80 year olds along and they are not too open to trying new or different things, but me & my wife will.

We like Big City Diner for everyday, homestyle cooking. Nothing fancy, but decent food, ample portions, friendly service, and excellent value. I think it would be appropriate for those that are not adventurous eaters.

Weather has been gorgeous this week. Well, it almost always is, but this week has been particularly nice. Enjoy your Hawaiian cruise!

Aloha

You must be driving because the only two Big City Diners are either on Auahi St or Waialae Ave. Both are fine.

I would suggest "Dave and Busters", also on Auahi St. near Big City Diner (Ward Center Shopping area).

A little further away, below Tripler Hospital, is "Henry Loui's". This is my number one favorite for hamburger steak and BBQ ribs plus other things.

Another favorite is "Shorebird" restaurant in the Outrigger Reef, right on the beach. A good salad bar and cook your own steak, fish, sirloin hamburger, chicken. They have a chef available to help you. Quality is very good and if you have a coupon it is even better. Get a table away from the grill. They have a combo playing music. After 9PM it gets a little loud.

Shemo, we like Dave & Buster's, too, but figured they might want something more "local" without going too far out of the comfort zone. Happy to hear you like the Shorebird. Going there on Sat for the first time (company function).

Aloha

Archived