Need Advice on Excursion in Progresso

pylant

Looking for a fun excursion to do in Progreso with 2 teen sons 15 & 17 Please help with reviews if you know of anything. Looking at the Dune Buggy & BEach Exploration but it's $102 pp and I just want to make sure it's worth that for 4 of us.

We were in Progresso on the Glory a few years ago. Not impressed but we didn't do a tour either. The day we were there is was windy and cool (April too!) but our table mates went on the tour to Mayan ruins and enjoyed it. The tour you mentioned sounds fun and bet your kids will enjoy it too.

I have been to Progreso three times but haven't done that specific tour. In my opinion, I wouldn't pay for any excursion there but that is strictly my point of view. I think everyone should try it for themselves because I have gone to places and loved it while others say they hated it and vice versa.

Depending on what your beach activities are (just laying out, lots of swimming, snorkeling) you can go to the free beach right in Progreso. You take the free bus from the pier (tips appreciated) and then walk about 3 blocks. Again, this would depend on what your activities are because you absolutely cannot snorkel at this beach. If you are interested in playing in the water, laying out, relaxing, getting a massage, hair braided etc, I would save yourself about $350 bucks and you will enjoy your day just as much. :D

Archived