Balmoral Homeward bound from Venice

Hi Gary

Myself, partner and 2 of our friends are also on this one.

In fact we had a call from our TA yesterday offering us an upgrade for a nominal amount, I guess its nowhere near full !

Do you have any idea about the flights yet?

I asked my TA yesterday and she said she would find out for me and email me when she gets them.

Angie

x

Hi Angie

No sorry no news on flights we enquired a while ago and were told by our TA that they didnt sort them out until about 4 weeks before the cruise!

As of yet we have had no phone call re upgrades but did get one at time of booking!

We are looking forward to the holiday so much cant wait

Gary and Sarah

Be very disappointed if it was that late, as I was hoping to be there lunchtime, because it is Venice that is the attraction to us the over night stay was crucial in our choice, so fingers crossed, as we too are flying from Manchester.

Yes I said to our TA that we would be very disappointed if we didn't arrive until 7.30 in the evening. I would would say that would realistically only give us the following morning to see anything of Venice, think we are due to sail around noon.

Having checked with our TA it appears that you are correct with the flight times, so after much thought we have decided to cruise only and are now going on the monday 9th to venice on the train!we will arrive in venice on tuesday morning and get 2 1/2 days in venice. I think there will be a few unhappy people with that flight time

Thanks for tipping us off

Gary and Sarah

Its not a problem at all, we love the train, we went to italy (milan) last year on the train, its a big adventure! No Fred Olsen didnt sort this for us we use a company called Railbookers for our train trips, they have so far been fantastic! They even sorted the hotel in Venice

Its actually made the holiday even more exciting!

See you there

Gary and Sarah

Its not a problem at all, we love the train, we went to italy (milan) last year on the train, its a big adventure! No Fred Olsen didnt sort this for us we use a company called Railbookers for our train trips, they have so far been fantastic! They even sorted the hotel in Venice

Its actually made the holiday even more exciting!

See you there

Gary and Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary

Myself and my partner Lynda wil be on the cruise, her first my second. I too was disappointed about the flights when FO contacted me in March with the details. We are flying from Gatwick on a 16:00 flight. I like your idea of travelling by train I wish I had thought of that sooner I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of Venice.

I hope you have a great journey down.

Steve

HI Pompeyboy

We did a shortened version last year (of the train trip) we went to Milan which is the only other stop from Paris! Whilst I cant claim to have slept much on the sleeper we are very excited about this years trip. We have a beautiful hotel booked for the tuesday night just across the grand canal from the railway station and only about 1/2 mile from cruise berth so should be able to lug our bags easy enough. Only 7 weeks until we leave.

So excited

Keep in touch

Gary and Sarah

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary

3 weeks today and can't wait. It has been interesting reading some of threads about Balmoral on this site with apart from some negatives appear overall to be positive. As far as we are concerned a nice ship, good company and lovely food will do me. Just found out that FO are using Titan airlines to fly us over who appear to have a good reputation(ive had some bad experiences with charter airlines due to the fact I need gluten free food).

Hope you have a pleasant journey to Venice and no doubt you will be enjoying a nice drink whilst we are stressing about our flight down.

Steve & Lynda

Guest Anorak33

Please enjoy Balmoral, don't pay too much attention to one negative review.

Its a great ship with a great crew, excellent food, the only thing I didn't find good was my bed which was on a bit of a tilt.

Thats a pretty minor thing to complain about, the overall Balmoral experience is wonderful!

I would go back on in a heartbeat given the time and money, and I am apparently noted for being fussy.

Hi Angie

I'm with you. You have to make up your own mind.

I booked direct with FO that's prob why my tickets have arrived already, I prefer to do that, they e-mail info to me and it saves a trip to a TA.

I know we shoudn't wish our lives away but I cannot wait for June 11 to arrive.

Steve(& Lynda):)

Yes Steve you are probably right.

Our tickets have no doubt been sent to our TA who will probably post them out on Tuesday earliest now.

As you say, June 11th cannot come soon enough :)

Regards

Angie

Hi Gary

We have the 18.30 sitting for dinner so I would suggest an after dinner drink in the Morning Light pub. The captains welcome party will be on the Thursday otherwise I would have suggested a pre dinner drink. I am in my mid forties and Lynda late thirties.

Look forward to meeting up.

Steve and Lynda

Archived