Residence Inn Tampa

cookie1961

Hi everyone,

We are planning on doing a one night pre cruise in Tampa and I have been researching hotels. My husband, myself and my two teen girls will be travelling together and we were looking at two bedroom suites. I have found a few of them and I am reading some reviews.

I would have preferred to stay closer to downtown and near the port but right now we have narrowed it down to two options.

First--Chase Suites which is near the airport but we can take advantage of their shuttle deals. The reviews are mainly quite positive :)

Second--Residence Inn Tampa--Quite close to downtown and lots of different things but the reviews about the cleaniness are concerning me.

Does anyone have any information on the Residence Inn?

As well, we plan on flying into Tampa on December 25th. So the pre cruise will be on Christmas night. Will anything be opened that night? If not, it really won't matter where we stay will it LOL

Thanks so much in advance for all your input.

Teri

Second--Residence Inn Tampa--Quite close to downtown and lots of different things but the reviews about the cleaniness are concerning me.

Does anyone have any information on the Residence Inn?

Where were the reviews that you read? Stayed there last spring. Clean and friendly. They also have a shuttle that will take you to the pier. Not sure about the Christmas thing, I'd call the hotel direct. By the way, Chase Suites is an old Residence Inn.

KreinKrunker thanks so much for your reply.

The reviews I read were on Trip Advisor. I don't normally invest too much faith in one comment by a customer but it seemed to be a running theme and it concerned me. I would prefer to stay in the downtown area but I also want to make sure it's a clean place.

I had NO idea that Chase used to be a Residence Inn.

Thanks again,

Teri

We stayed at the Residence Inn a couple of years ago and would definately stay there again. It was clean, near the port and had a great breakfast. We stayed in a 1 room suite w/ kitchen. We had a balcony that we sat out on and looked at the ships at the port. They allowed my parents to leave their car parked there at no cost. It was a great hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Archived