Uniworld Dress Code

Kellie Poodle

We are booked for the European Jewels on the River Princess for October 11, 2008. I have read on CC that no jeans are allowed at dinner, yet on Uniworld's web site, there are lots of photos of people wearing nice jeans so I'm a bit confused. The catalog, while answering many questions, does not speak to dress code issues.

I'd like to hear from some people who have toured with Uniworld who can give us the "real story" on jeans. We never wear torn or shabby jeans. Many of mine are embellished with sequins or embroidery.

TIA,

Hi Kellie:

I sailed the European Serenade last year on The Duchess.

I found that the dress in the dining room was mostly very casual.

I did not find that too many people wore jeans to dinner though.

It was mostly dress pants or country club casual.

The first night there were some people with jeans, but that was because they had just arrived and they didn't have their clothes ready yet.

Don't get me wrong. There was no formal dress, but most people did respect nicer dress in the dining room.

Lunch and breakfast was different.

There was lots of jeans and other very casual clothes then.

Whatever you decide to wear, I'm sure that you will not be asked to leave.

Enjoy it.

We are going on the tulips and windmills cruise on Apr. 16th on Uniworld. Even though it is a different route than yours I will post when we return as to the dress code. Personally I am taking several pairs of black slacks and various tops ( country club Casual). Now, with the weight restrictions it is difficult to pack so I will have to be more efficient and learn how to coordinate a little better.

We leave in about a month and I am so excited. We planned this cruise over 8 months ago and the time is finally here!!

micked10

We are going on the tulips and windmills cruise on Apr. 16th on Uniworld. Even though it is a different route than yours I will post when we return as to the dress code. Personally I am taking several pairs of black slacks and various tops ( country club Casual). Now, with the weight restrictions it is difficult to pack so I will have to be more efficient and learn how to coordinate a little better.

We leave in about a month and I am so excited. We planned this cruise over 8 months ago and the time is finally here!!

micked10

Thanks. I would really appreciate your posting about your cruise.

Janet,

i will post as soon as we return. We are spending an extra 5 days in Belgium at the end of our cruise so won't be home until May 1st. We will be on the River Queen going from Amsterdam to Belgium. I will be happy to tell you about the dress code, food, service or anything else you would like. Even though it is different than yours it may give you some idea of service etc. The only other river Cruise we have been on was 3 years ago on Viking from Vienna to Amsterdam. It was wonderful and we had no complaints about Viking. Just decided to try another line for comparison. We have done 24 ocean line cruises and love those too, but a River Cruise is so much more relaxing. when we wer eon Viking everyone dressed casually except maybe a little bit dressier for the Captains' Welc9me dinner and the Farewell dinner. Nothing at all as dressy as the ocean cruises. No formal wear--which I loved! Many days, if we got back in the late afternoon from touring, people just wore what they had on during the day.

I will let you know about the jeans. Don't remember seeing any on Viking but I am taking my dressy jeans ( rhinestones and glitz) and plan to wear them at least one night. They are very comfortable and I like them! (ha)

I promise to let you know.

micked10

Hey Micked, I will wave to you as we pass you by. I will be sailing on The River Duchess, April 23rd opposite to you, Antwerp to Amsterdam.

I'm assuming that we'll probably be in some port at the same time. (It looks like it could be Dordrecht)

I know that this itinerary is alot more relaxed then the Amsterdam to Vienna one that we also did last year.

I will be very interested in your comparison of Viking to Uniworld.

Enjoy it and if you see our ship ask for Kathy.

Hey Darlene:

Now that I had a closer look at that itinerary, I see that you're right.

I think that we have 2 days in Antwerp when we're there together though.

I board April 23rd and we don't start sailing until the 25th for Bruges.

It looks like you arrive in Antwerp on April 23rd also. You then have 2 days until you disembark.

We should beable to hook up for sure.

Email me at tiggypooo@yahoo.ca and I'll send you a picture so that you know who you're looking for.

Kathy

Archived