RCI Excursion..River Tubing Mobay

I have tried this question on the Jamaica board, but haven't gotten an answer...has anyone taken this tour? We did the ochos rios one and it was fun.

I saw a quick clip of this on Samantha Brown-Freedom of the Seas cruise and it looked very different....much slower and all tied together!

Does anyone know from experience?

T

hi,

It depends on when you are cruising. We were on Radiance of the Seas February 24 sailing and all river tubing trips had been cancelled due to lack of rainfall. We were told this is common during this time of year as it is the dry season.

When there is enough rainfall, the ship had two different options. One called Chuka river tubing uses individual tubes. The other one (like Samantha Brown took) is with the tubes connected together and a guide rowing you down the river.

If there is not enough rain, may I suggest an excursion called "A Mystic Adventure"? It goes to Mayfield falls and you get to climb up the river and over falls and swim in natural pools. Guides were teriffic and made us feel extremely safe and welcome. We had a blast! It is somewhat strenuous, so be prepared to climb back up a STEEP hill when the excursion is over. We were all huffing and puffing.

tim

I have tried this question on the Jamaica board, but haven't gotten an answer...has anyone taken this tour? We did the ochos rios one and it was fun.

I saw a quick clip of this on Samantha Brown-Freedom of the Seas cruise and it looked very different....much slower and all tied together!

Does anyone know from experience?

T

Yes I have done it myself in MoBay. It is very slow and yes all the tubes are tied together with one guide in a kayak in the front and one in the back paddling to get the tubes to move down the river. Even when there is lots of rain the river is very very slow moving.:( :( It was a big disappointment to me and I would not recommend it to anyone!

Our excursion was run by Chuka and the tubes were tied together with them also.

Archived