Tipping the Cruise Director?

steveaaaa

Ok, CD is an officer. What about all those people that make the cruise memorable. The guy that make your omlet every morning. Favorite bartender. Do they make the same low pay as the people we do tip or do they get reasonable salaries. And if you tip them, how much. I saw our omlet guy everyday of our cruise on Pride! I hope they make decent wages. Thanks for any info.

Good point. I never thought of the Matre'd as an officer (more like an NCO), but I bet he is. I've never tipped a Matre'd, but I've never had one do anything special for me, either.

I just looked it up and I got the info from this link. The Matre'd is an officer.

http://www.cruisememories.com/faq_who.html

Steve

During the Captain's Welcome Aboard Party, he introduces his staff. The CD, Purser, Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage Director, Head Chef, Head Engineer, Housekeeping Director, and Doctor are the only ones I've seen on stage - and I pay attention to who's who. (I've never seen a Maitre d' even mentioned, much less introduced.)

Omelette servers, bartenders, etc., etc., are all service personnel. They are the ones who need to be tipped.

Seems like our original poster can't make up his mind. Started another thread complaining about tipping extra on weather related cruises & now he wants to tip CD. :confused: Looks like stirring the pot to me. Are you cheap or generous?? Make a decision....no sitting on the fence. :rolleyes:

Not naming 'names', of course, but there are some folks who do like to stir the pot, as you say, and can be fairly negative in doing so, in the majority of their posts. I didn't name names, so don't hit the little triangle.:D

LOL, it's not the first time... no offense but it happens every several weeks, same person/people seem to want to post a "tipping" thread or another hot topic to get people riled up... boards must be too boring lately, LOL... I'm not sure if it is boredom or looking for justification... and I'm not naming names either :D

LOL...I am just trying to help out a fellow CC who started a thread about the boards being bored lately.Have you checked out my Bingo topic yet? I figured I would get a little more bang for the buck out of it but it is still a little slow. You must admit, I have been good for a few weeks,I don't think I offended anyone lately.LOL

Should I have tipped the guy who unplugged my toilet?LOL

BrendaB1..I have to sit on the fence, because as a CCL stockholder every penny they can bilke out of the passengers I benefit.Every discount coupon off a future cruise and onboard credit also comes off my dividend so I lose.

Cotton...fairly negative seems correct, with this user id.What can I say I am a little an*l.

Goincruisin...boredom

Steve <----No jeans in the dining room!!!

Archived