Lava Sailby??

luv2bnsun

If they do change the itinerary it will be fun watching the complainers whine because it will affect port times.

When we were on the Pride of Aloha in February there were two guys yelling at the reception person because there wasn't a night time sailing by the lava. Of course the two didn't even know the lava wasn't flowing.

Thanks for the reply Coblerus. Two more questions for you: (1) did they have to change the itinerary to have the lava viewing; and (2) was it dark at the time of the sailby? I really hope we get to see the lava on our 4/16 cruise. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Coblerus. Two more questions for you: (1) did they have to change the itinerary to have the lava viewing; and (2) was it dark at the time of the sailby? I really hope we get to see the lava on our 4/16 cruise. Thanks!

1. They do the lava flow after they leave Hilo and arrive around 9 pm ish.

I wonder why? How disappointing is that? That is one of the highlights of Hawaii. NCL - please do the lava sail-by!!

Perhaps they are waiting until the new itinerary...in any case, I will plan a land based trip to the BI instead of another cruise if they don't do the sailby (so we can take an evening hike out to the lava viewpoint).

Archived