Just back from the Elation... Any questions???

Parrothead420

Excursions are different for everyone, but we enjoyed the wine tasting at Ensenada. Infact had a bottle of wine we got last night with firends:p .

Cabo was awsome and we did the whale watching, this is seaonal so it may not be avaialbe when you go, but it was a booze cruise too:p .

Whatever you choose I'm sure you will have fun.

Gecko7:)

Do you see any whales while sailing? And do you know if people who took the whale watching tour in Cabo on the zodiac saw whales? This was our original intent when we decided to take the cruise- I originally was going just to San Diego to see them- but now I am really looking forward to sailing on Saturday. Even more so since we are having lots of snow here in Denver.

There were whales sighted while sailing the coast and dolphin everyday. In cabo the zodiace people we spoke to were disappointed. We were on the catermeran with a bar, restrooms and narrator. We got up close and the whales jumped right in front of the boat. It was a mother and her calf.

The videographer from the cruise said of the five previous times he went on this excursion, this was the first time he had seen them jump. Needless to say we made the cruises DVD.

On the February 4th cruise, we saw tons of whale alongside the ship while going and and leaving Cabo. It was pretty cold and windy to be on deck at that time, so I don't know if there were more along the way. I heard the the excursion lots were seen and also those who went snorkeling and scuba diving saw them while under the water.

But check and see if there are pods that are around all the time or if it is just seasonal.

Linda

The best thing to do in Ensenada is stay on the ship.

NO!!! Ensenada is a fun town, full of life , energy and damn safer then most big cities in the USA. There is far more to Ense the the tourist areas, which can be a blast by the way....... :-)

I adore Ensenada. Going by the number of Americans moving there and now living there full time I am not the only one!

I've tried finding this info out in other areas of the boards, but have not been able to get any bites. Does anyone here know what the dining room menu will be on this cruise? Also, what style of shows/entertainment will be on there and are they worth the time of staying up to see them? Curiousity is killing me here. lol This is my first cruise and I'm a bit anxious, can you tell?

The zodiac whale watching tours group did not go as far out as the Catermeran did. We went into the sea of Cortez, while the zodiacs simply went out of the harbor. If the whales were there great if not they did, go far to look for them if not.

I can only tell you that we enjoyed the cat tour and would recommened it.

The cat offered refreshments too. Remeber that you are nearing the end of whale watching season in Mexico, so there may be fewer whales, since they migrate back north for the summer.

Oh well- just being on a small boat will be nice- the weather is supposed to be in the mid 80's- we'll have fun anyway. And the worst that can happen is that we don't see whales- we'll have to try in other places.

We go whale watching a lot in San Diego... and it's just as fun seeing the dolphins jumping around... you might see whales, but unless they are breaching or doing something exciting, all you can see are their backs anyway... you'll have blast... don't worry! the wind in your hair... the sun on your back... what could be better?

Hi

I'm not going to Jan 2009, but when does the Elation go in dry dock? I am wondering if it will be before I go or after. Does anyone know what the weather is for the end of Jan? most likely cold.........first time on the west coast, looking forward. Does the Elation have a supper club? is there any martini clinics.........wine tasting?..........I love to cruise

Dorene

Hi

I'm not going to Jan 2009, but when does the Elation go in dry dock? I am wondering if it will be before I go or after. Does anyone know what the weather is for the end of Jan? most likely cold.........first time on the west coast, looking forward. Does the Elation have a supper club? is there any martini clinics.........wine tasting?..........I love to cruise

Dorene

I'm not sure when the Elation goes into dry dock, but if you go by the every 3 year rule they seem to mostly use, it wouldn't be until April 2009. The weather in January in San Diego could be typical rainy winter weather or you could hit a few nice days of cool weather (for us Californians anyway) but it could also be really sunny. It will get warmer the farther south you go, so Cabo should be OK. No, there is no supper club on any of the Fantasy class ships, just the main dining rooms and the buffet, etc. All Carnival cruises I've been on have had a wine tasting sometime during the cruise, not sure about martini tastings though.

Hi

Dorene

According to everything I've read/heard, Elation will be going in dry dock from May-June of 2008. I will be on one of the last cruises before this happens. So... I guess, (you didn't say for sure why you were asking) lucky you! You get to be on the boat with all the new upgrades.

No there is not a supper club there... just the main dining rooms and all the normal stuff on the Lido.

Oh... now martini clinics... that sounds heavenly! I wonder if they administer them by IV :D HA!

Hope you have a good cruise!

According to everything I've read/heard, Elation will be going in dry dock from May-June of 2008. I will be on one of the last cruises before this happens. So... I guess, (you didn't say for sure why you were asking) lucky you! You get to be on the boat with all the new upgrades.

No there is not a supper club there... just the main dining rooms and all the normal stuff on the Lido.

Oh... now martini clinics... that sounds heavenly! I wonder if they administer them by IV :D HA!

Hope you have a good cruise!

If you look at the Carnival website, the Elation has cruises on their itinerary page all the way thru May and June, and it would be too late to cancel those for drydock, so I don't think it's happing that fast. Elation also isn't on the Carnival main page about the Waterworks upgrades, so it sounds like it'll be a later one.

Archived