Ports ~ Gem

Sick of Snow

Are there threads (that I am not finding) on the Ports and things to do? Or more opinions of the things that people have done ? Other then Universal in Orlando we are unsure of what to do and if it's better to book with the ship or not.

If no threads, does anyone have advice ??? (not into the snorkeling or fishing)

Thanks

Are there threads (that I am not finding) on the Ports and things to do? Or more opinions of the things that people have done ? Other then Universal in Orlando we are unsure of what to do and if it's better to book with the ship or not.

Thanks

Check out the Ports of Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

You can read my review on the Gem below But we did universal:)

Have a great cruise!

Thanks

When we go to Port Canaveral, we usually rent a car and just drive right to Orlando. There are many great outlets for shopping and we always go to Downtown Disney and spend the day. Lots of great restaurants and shopping and there is no charge to get in. They also have boat rides to the various resorts if you were interested in just looking around.

We did Atlantis, including the Aquaventure, and it was awesome. The new Rapid River and Power Tower are not to be missed!!! We did not book through the ship, but instead boked a room at the Comfort Suites. It worked out perfectly. We love waterpark fun and would book this itinerary again just to be able to go back to Atlantis (with full access).

We also very much enjoyed the morning and beach BBQ at Great Stir-Up Cay, and shopping in both Cape Canaveral and Freeport. We figured that Disney etc. would be just too busy over spring break week to make it worth going over our week.

Thanks

We were surprised how much we enjoyed the Space Center. I only went because my sister was interested. We booked the Nasa Up close through NCL and it was well worth it. Not being a huge space buff I could not imagine how they were going to keep my interest for 7 hours, but I actually left wishing I had more time. If you have any interest at all in history or the space program, I highly recommend it. Our NCL excursions at Freeport and Nassau were both cancelled so we spent more time on the ship, which was great for us, but it means I cannot make a recommendation.

Archived