snorkle

traderteacher

I've read about several snorkle tours here (Sea Sports and Amphilife. One 88$ and the other 48$). Should I book one now (Which one?) or just wait til we get off the ship? Thanks in advance for your help.

It's your choice, but there are plenty of opportunities to book when you get there. My BIL and his wife booked a trip thru locals and had the whole boat and area to theirselves. They said it was great and only $35 @. That was 3 years ago. Ginger D and I were cavetubing and missed that bargain. Last trip we booked at the tender dock with Fab Tours and went to Bannister Island. It was a nice trip. I understand that Fab has it's own island now. That might be worth checking out when you get to Belize City.

We're going with amphilife. I've emailed the guy there, Roger, a few times. I frankly told him I was kind of nervous about booking because I hadn't heard much about his operation, but he told me that he was the vendor for many of the other cruiselines actual ship excursions (I plan on trying to check this out, maybe on those cruiselines specific boards, when it comes closer to the time we're going to book).

The price can't be beat. It seems really private, plus they provide snacks and such. The island itself actually sits on the reef, so there's great snorkeling all the way around it.

I'm not of the "wait and see" kind. Especially in Belize, as if you don't find anything you want or people that seem on the "up and up", you're SOL because the word is that Belize is NOT a port you just want to do on your own. Plus I like to do my research on tour company's reputations before spending money and a day of my valuable vacation with a bunch of potential "yahoos", LOL. I'm sure you could get lucky, but I'm not one to risk it.

They have the beach break and snorkel for about 55 bucks.the boat picks you up on the ship and takes you to sunbeach for the day.They have boats going out to the reef and they supply the snorkel stuff if you don't have your own.I highly recomend you take your own snorkle mask and snorkle wherever you book a excursuion.other people's body fluids in the mask and snorkle just don't do it for me.And if people think they are cleaned and disenfected they are wrong.

Anyway we did Sunbeach beach break and snorkle for 50 dollars each.They took us out to the reef and we seen dolphins on the way.Its a 5 minute boat ride from the island.After about 1.5 hours of snorkling we went back to the beach for about another 1.5 hours and lunch then they took most people back to the ship and the rest to the posrt in belize city to shop.Then we shopped for about an hour and got on the tender back to our ship.We booked the excursion right from the ship and no worries about being left behind.I recomend to get back to the dock for shopping. Thesawch

Archived