Need info on trans-atlantic crossing westbound

avabro

We did a westbound Transatlantic in late September of 2007 but from Southampton to NY on the Queen Mary 2. It was clear and sunny all week and we had a cabin on the sunny side of the ship with a sheltered balcony. It was impossible to make use of ANYTHING outside on deck with the exception of our sheltered balcony and the Promenade Deck which was partly sheltered due to the wind. Never saw anyone in any of the outside pools, guess that's why they have one inside! One day I ventured out on one of the upper decks and when I couldn't catch my breath due to the wind, I found I couldn't open the door due to the pressure!:eek: Obviously I finally found a door I could open. Since you will be on a much more southerly route you will definitely have warmer weather, but I would venture a guess that the wind is a standard on any Transatlantic.

Did you know that westbound you will have 25 hour days? We turned the clock back one hour each night to adjust for the time difference....how cool is that!

we have done this crossing for the last two years. they both have been perfectly lovely, warm and calm seas. i wish that for you as well...

the last one was on the freedom and we had seven straight sea days, the best ever! they really outdid themselves entertaining us and the daily naps were wonderful!

smiles, bee

Archived