Scuba Diving In Mexico

rochelle_s

We are cruising to Mexico April 25th.

Wondering if anyone can tell me what might be the best picks for scuba diving in these ports of call:

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

La Paz

Cabo San Lucas

Any info on best spots and or tour operators would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Rochelle

We are cruising to Mexico April 25th.

Wondering if anyone can tell me what might be the best picks for scuba diving in these ports of call:

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

La Paz

Cabo San Lucas

Any info on best spots and or tour operators would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Rochelle

La Paz is the best place to dive, followed by Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. There is no diving in Mazatlan.

Should you decide to dive in La Paz use either The Cortez Club or Fun Baja. Both are outstanding. Fun Baja includes a gourmet lunch, at least during the summer, on an island where they have campers. Fun Baja has newer and nicer boats. There are many interesting dive sites in La Paz and a plethora of marine mammals.

Cabo also has good diving as long as you avoid Lands End. There is a dive shop called Manta in Cabo. I would avoid them at all cost. We dove with them twice and were disappointed both times. When I did not sink fast enough for them, they decided to solve the problem by overweighting me. It was actually dangerous because there is heavy surge in many of the dive spots in Cabo. We have heard Aqua Blue is a good dive operation in Cabo but have not used them.

Puerto Vallarta has some interesting dive spots also. It is not as good as Cabo.

We have been diving in La Paz and Cabo many times. The visibility is generally not all that good. Our experience has been visibility at best 60 ft. You will be disappointed if you like diving in Hawaii and the Caribbean as there is very little coral and plant life.

Archived