Kid Club Question

MakMom

Hello

In the midst of planning our family vacation. Just wondering about the kids club. It shows Camp Carnival for ages 2-11, but then there are different activites broken down for ages 2-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

I'm just wondering if there would any issues with putting my 8 1/2 and barely 12 yo. together??

Pls help. This would decide rather we book Carnival or RC.

My daughters are 2 years apart. Each time we cruise I always want them to be in the same group -- usually they miss it by a few months. You can put the older child down a group - with the younger one but not the other way around. It has been my experience that they quickly meet friends and there really isn't a need for them to be together in CC.

The Camp Carnival activities are based on the age groups to hold the children's interest. They may allow your older child to down in the age group with the younger, but the younger will not be allowed to step up in to an older age group. They will probably be just fine being on their own and making new friends within their own age group. Our daughter was on the timid side and had NO problem blowing us off to go to Camp Carnival. The staff on all three cruises she has been on have been wonderful, and it is a very secure enviroment. Your 12 yr old will be of an age with sign out priviledges, but you may have to give permission for that, I'm not possitive though. Our daughter is still in the 9-11 group, and we had to give permission for her to sign out on her own. We only did this so that she could join the scavanger hunts, she knew that it was not allowed at any time other than the hunts. We have not cruised RCCL, but I'm sure their program would be similiar.

Hello

In the midst of planning our family vacation. Just wondering about the kids club. It shows Camp Carnival for ages 2-11, but then there are different activites broken down for ages 2-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

I'm just wondering if there would any issues with putting my 8 1/2 and barely 12 yo. together??

Pls help. This would decide rather we book Carnival or RC.

While there are exceptions to every rule, Camp Carnival is pretty strict about their age classifications and this is a large age difference.

The 8 year old will be in the 6 - 8 and the 12 year old will be in the Circle C (12-14).

They will each have a wonderful time.

Archived