Just booked our FIRST Celebrity Cruise ( Century)

skyking

Hello All,

We just booked our very first Celebrity cruise and I am a little excited, and a little nervouse at the same time. We are avid cruisers and Diamond and now Elite members, but I still have NO idea what to expect. I have a total open mind, and cant wait to try something different. Does anyone have any good tips for the Century? Is Morano's worth the cost? It sounds great! Please tell me what you think I should know:)

Tim

We were on the Century two summers ago (Baltic Cruise) and ate in Murano's. Not only is it worth the extra charge, but the meal was one of the best we've ever had on a vacation! The service was impeccable, and the food incredible! We loved the ship, she had just been refurbished. We thought the ship was just beautiful.

bpolan

Muranos is absolutely worth the extra cost. If I had known how wonderful it was going to be I would have made reservations for two nights instead of one! You should make your reservations with the Captain's Club before you board so you'll be sure to get in. It's a very small, and popular, restaurant.

No need to be nervous - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise. :)

The only bad thing that I can recall about my Century sailing was that I didn't make the effort to dine in Muranos. It always gets rave reviews, and I believe it has the same menus as all of the specialty restaurants on X. I also thought that my meal in Olympic was one of the best I have ever had. (hint----Goat Cheese Soufflé) :)

Enjoy your cruise. Century was my first cruise with X and it was so good that I am now an addict.

skyking ~ cool that you booked your 1st Celebrity cruise!:) I've never sailed on Century but have heard great things about her. The two Celebrity ships we have sailed on had a certain ambiance that we have never found on Princess.

Thanks to all for the advice, I booked Murano's today and hope we get the time we requested. I am SOOO looking forward to trying something a little different, I might have to get a tux for this one:)

Thanks to all for the advice, I booked Murano's today and hope we get the time we requested. I am SOOO looking forward to trying something a little different, I might have to get a tux for this one:)

I'm curious. If this is your first time on Celebrity, how did oyu book Murano's before boarding? I am going in April and it is my first Celebrity cruise. I was under the impression that you had to be Captains Club to book in advance, and I thought you weren't Captain's Club until after your first cruise?

Hey Skyking,

Welcome to Celebrity. You'll love the change. If you don't care to purchase a tux, (mine seem to get smaller every time I wear them) you may want to consider renting on board. The Celebrity site will assist you in doing so. Have a great cruise.

Barry

One suggestion: Sudi at the Martini Bar. 'Nuff said.

You'll love the Century. Just got off two weeks ago as they were laying new carpet in several areas. ITA with several other posters, Murano's is fantastic. Make sure you join the Captain's Club now, then when you get on board, look for Sue, the Captain's Club hostess. She's great.

I got off my third cruise on the Century last month and she is a wonderful ship. You will enjoy Celebrity - expect better food and service than you get on RCCL. You were smart to make your Murano's reservation - it is very much worth it and it does fill-up on the shorter cruises! I also agree with the other poster who recommended Sudi at the martini bar - the drinks are wonderful, the room with the changing lights is fun and he is awesome. Sit up at the bar so you can 'take in his entire show.'

Enjoy!

I'm curious. If this is your first time on Celebrity, how did oyu book Murano's before boarding? I am going in April and it is my first Celebrity cruise. I was under the impression that you had to be Captains Club to book in advance, and I thought you weren't Captain's Club until after your first cruise?

We are RCCL Diamond members, and as long as you have a Celebrity cruise booked you can be added as Elite Members. I did that a few weeks ago with no issues at all. This helped in requesting the reservation.

Archived