Cave Tubing and then what?

july72807

I am really excited to go cave tubing. I read about a cavetubing.bz with Vitalin Reyes (any input would be great). Anyhow my question is, it sounds like tubing with the hike may take up 3 hours or so - then if you have time left over before having to be back on the cruise what do you do?

When tubing where do you place valuables like money or a camera?

We took very little with us as we didnt know if our items would be secure.

6 of us got into a van and drove about 45mins to the area. By the time we got off our shorts/shoes, got our equip and headed to the site I would say another hr went by. We tubed for about 1 1/2 hrs then in the parking area there is a restaurant/locals with goods. We ate, probably one of the best authentic lunches ever. Simple...BBQ chix, beans/rice and a cold Belizian beer (best ever) and some homemade dessert like $5 if I remember. strolled some of the shops and then headed back. On the way back we stopped at a local store for goodies and more beer. So by the time we got back it was within an hr of needing to catch the tender. There are a few shops at the tender dock.

We took a water camera and my husband put some cash in his swimsuit pocket (has a secure zip thing). Our driver locked the van but not knowing if we would have a safe place we just brought minimal.We were beat by the time the ship sailed.

We went in May of 05 and it was hot already! Water can get alittle low during "dry" season but overall I rank this tops on my list of excursions.

Watch as you walk the dirt trail you will see critters which is cool...heard a wild pig in the distance and saw a baby tarantula on a big rock.

I am really excited to go cave tubing. I read about a cavetubing.bz with Vitalin Reyes (any input would be great). Anyhow my question is, it sounds like tubing with the hike may take up 3 hours or so - then if you have time left over before having to be back on the cruise what do you do?

When tubing where do you place valuables like money or a camera?

I went with cave-tubing.com with Yhonny and he has the atv and tubing combo for $75. this takes all day, maybe you have an hour if that left. There are some vendors around the pier, nick nacks, only. When I went with them 10/07 I left everything, (passport) and IDs in the bus. it was locked and he assured us, there is a security guard hired by him to watch the bus. Everything was just the way I left it. I was afraid to loose it in the river, so it was a good choice to leave it. I also left money. Not a cent was missing. The security guard did not open the bus, until we were all there, and Yhonny gave him the ok to open.

Archived