FCC lost??

On a cruise last year the LA suggested just to book a fictional cruise in the future to be sure we did not loose the deposit. I guess he had dealt with problems with lost deposits in the past.

It has been suggested many times just book some cruise of 5 days or less for 2009 then you can make up your mind later and transfer the booking number to the actual cruise you want. I know that this is a work around but you gotta do what you gotta do. I really doubt by booking a forward inside cabin you will be tying up someone's favorite cabin

The damage and/or hold someones wanted the cabin is rather minimal. That happenes all the time with normal bookings as well. Prices come out, you see a good sailing at a decent price, you book. later something happens and you either cancel or move your reservation to another ship and sailing. The only option you don't have with NextCruise is the cancelation. Otherwise it is handled like a regular reservation.

The LAs suggests what every good CS rep does. If you call up with a sailing one year out and you are unsure they will tell you on the phone to book anyways, you can always cancel or move the resi (as long as you are not in the penalty phase).

Sorry, if you can't play by the simple rules (no cancelation) you shouldn't have gotten a NextCruise.

I agree, the rules are pretty simple and there´s not much of a fine print that´s hard to understand when choosing a next cruise booking.

I´m actually amazed at how generous RCCL already is to the OP to give him/her time until July to switch to another cruise. To my understanding of the rules it would have been cancel = immediate loss.

I bought two FCC on a cruise in November' date=' planning to use them for my husband and me. We booked one cruise for ourselves, and with the other I am taking my sister on a cruise for her 50th birthday. So, I transferred it- no problem- from my husband to my sister ( I stayed the same!) I guess as long as one person in the cabin stays the same, the 2nd can change.[/quote']

Thats not transferring the reservation thats simply making a name change. You are confused on what is means to transfer a booking. To transfer the NextCruise booking would mean that no one on the original next cruise booking would remain the same and you give the NextCruise booking to someone else with none of the original names attached. Something that is not allowed for US residents but is allowed for Canadian residents.

I do not want something for nothing:mad: nor do I care if I get the obc. When I started this thread I asked a question. You have answered it in your posts. I appreciate your responses. Thank you for taking time to answer my question. I would like all of you to know that a future cruise is being booked. We saw one that we couldn't pass up.

I do not want something for nothing:mad: nor do I care if I get the obc. When I started this thread I asked a question. You have answered it in your posts. I appreciate your responses. Thank you for taking time to answer my question. I would like all of you to know that a future cruise is being booked. We saw one that we couldn't pass up.

That is good to know. Happy sailings to you.

And just remember: shift/change your reservation on NextCruise, do not cancel.

;)

If we misunderstood your post I like to apologize. It just sounded like you wanted to bend the rules without losing the OBC.

;)

May I ask what cruise you picked. I am nosy. :D

Archived