Botanical Gardens or Botswain's??

gilly99

I read a review about the Botanical Gardens having walking trails, butterflys, iguanas and turtles for viewing (but probably not for "petting" I am guessing) Anyone who has been to both the Gardens and Botswains able to compare the Gardens to the turtles-only section of Botswains? I have a 7 year old and a 10 year old that are both nature lovers, and I am thinking it sounds like there would be more for them to do at the Gardens? But then I was wondering if the review I read was misleading? If we go to Botswain's, it would be the turtle's only part, as we are planning on snorkeling at Eden Rock.

Thanks!

The Botanic Park does not have sea turtles. You might see some native land turtles while walking the nature trails there, but don't count on it. I certainly didn't the last time I was there. I did see plenty of the endangered Cayman Blue Iguanas that wander around the park. They are not for petting.

Only you know the interests of your kids. Generally, most kids look at a walk through the woods pretty much the same regardless of the vegetation - tropical or temperate. I would hazard to guess that most kids never see sea turtles on a regular basis.

I read a review about the Botanical Gardens having walking trails, butterflys, iguanas and turtles for viewing (but probably not for "petting" I am guessing) Anyone who has been to both the Gardens and Botswains able to compare the Gardens to the turtles-only section of Botswains? I have a 7 year old and a 10 year old that are both nature lovers, and I am thinking it sounds like there would be more for them to do at the Gardens? But then I was wondering if the review I read was misleading? If we go to Botswain's, it would be the turtle's only part, as we are planning on snorkeling at Eden Rock.

Thanks!

Hi gilly99,

I haven't been to the gardens but was at Boatswain about 3 weeks ago, My girls are 15 & 19 and they had a blast with the turtles there , they got to hold all kinds of the them.Also when you walk through the botanical gardens, there were all kinds of iguanas there just basking in the sun, not to touch, but got great pictures of them. Hope this help s

If you get the right package for Boatwain's you get to snorkel as well, it was well worth it! Boatwain's though small was really pretty and relaxing. My kids loved the turtle, they went back like 5 times in 5 hours to hold them.

:)

Archived