Cruise insurance?

littleone9699

I'm a little confused . . . what is the difference between purchasing cruise insurance through carnival vs. your travel agent/online agent? Do you need both? I thought what I purchased would cover what I needed . . . Soooo many options - lol!

You do not need both.

What you need is one that covers your needs.

CCL insurance does not cover all reasons for cancellation - and it does not cover SNOW.

While it's a great policy - you need to read the fine print and see would be applicable to you vs. other policies.

You will need to get one or the other if you choose to get insurance at all. They both have their pros and cons. If you purchase through Carnival and have issues while on the ship you pay nothing out of pocket yet there are some things that aren't covered. If you purchase elsewhere you will have to pay out of pocket and wait to be reimbursed yet there are more options...I personally choose to go outside of CCL and purchase my own as it is cheaper and it covers more of what I want and need.

You should check to see what the Carnival Insurance covers. As I recall, it only will cover the transportation booked though Carnival.

We have a travel policy that covers door to door for any issues such as travel interuption, lost baggage, and medical evacuation. I was sweating not being able to get off work until a few days ago.

If I could not make the cruise due to work requirements, I would just be up the creek and loose my money. I read on this board about another policy that has a business add-on for something like $19 extra per person. I am going to take this out next time to relive the stress.

Archived