NCL Jewel Kids Program and 2.0

leenie29

I read that 2.0 is going to have longer kids program hours. Does anyone know what the new hours are? The hours weren't bad on the Dawn in 2004 when we sailed. I think it was 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10, which was fine. The only very minor problem I ran into was the minute my then 5 year old son was done eating he wanted to run back to the kids program but they were closed so he had to be with his boring mother until they reopened.

Just curious.

Eileen

NCL's competitors offer Kids Club while in port as well as at sea. I have no idea if this is what is planned but I would think they would want to run programming in a more competitive manner.

NCL seems to think they can charge for "babysitting" during the day while the ship is in port. Their competitors include every day of the cruise as a day to offer Kids Club included in the price of the cruise.

Another area where the Kids Club could improve their hours is in offering to take the kids to dinner more. So instead of having Kids Club start at 7pm every night they might start it a bit earlier to take kids to dinner while their parents had a quiet dinner somewhere else. I think Carnival offers to take the kids to dinner every night if you wish. NCL offers it ONCE on a 7 night cruise. Some kids just aren't cooperative in a nice dining room all week and would prefer a quick meal and off to play.

NCL's competitors offer Kids Club while in port as well as at sea. I have no idea if this is what is planned but I would think they would want to run programming in a more competitive manner.

NCL seems to think they can charge for "babysitting" during the day while the ship is in port. Their competitors include every day of the cruise as a day to offer Kids Club included in the price of the cruise.

Another area where the Kids Club could improve their hours is in offering to take the kids to dinner more. So instead of having Kids Club start at 7pm every night they might start it a bit earlier to take kids to dinner while their parents had a quiet dinner somewhere else. I think Carnival offers to take the kids to dinner every night if you wish. NCL offers it ONCE on a 7 night cruise. Some kids just aren't cooperative in a nice dining room all week and would prefer a quick meal and off to play.

We were on the Dawn for my in-laws' 50th anniversary in 2004 with a then 5 and 10 year old. The 10 year was fine through dinner but the 5 year old, especially when my in-laws insisted on eating at 7:30 every night got antsy. So much to the annoyance of my in-laws because they wanted family meals no matter what we fed my younger son before and got him to the kids club by 7. And we all got a nice peaceful meal.

There was one dinner night and one lunch on the Dawn for kids which he did go to. He loved that and that would be good for him on our upcoming cruise.

I do remember paying for kids club when the ship was in port then free at night from 7 to 10 PM. The only full days kids club was opened without charge was on sea days.

Eileen

Archived