Bus tour of Dubai?

Narita

I took a charter bus in Dubai, and it was a night mare...the bus heater was on in the SUMMER, and the windows were not able to open...looking back, I am certain the bus driver was up to no good, probsbly did it because we were Americans...I don't think a Westerner should take the Street Buses in Dubai...at least I wouldn't.....unles I was a moslem...:)

My husband and I spent 3 extra days in Dubai and loved it. We used the hop on hop off bus and sat up on top .The maps were easy to use and we even had a lovely lunchon the Dubai Creek. Don't miss the museum ...it's excellent.

Our concierge booked us to Sunday tea(Mothering day in March) at the Burj al Arab and we received a letter confirming our reservations.....no letter....no admitance...It was pricey but worth it!!!We took a taxi there,early,and went up to the bar on the top floor and had a drink...totally awesome!!!! Oh before I forgot we were dressed appropriatly for an afternoon tea...no jeans, shorts, running shoes or baseball caps.Pant suit for me...Jacket,shirt and tie for DH.

After the tea we caught the hotel shuttle over to the El Jumeirah Resort next door and from there we took their shuttle over to the Mall of the Emerites to see the indoor ski hill.Then took a taxi back to our hotel on the creek.

At no time did we feel unwanted or ill at ease,or treated any differently than anywhere else in the world.,and No we are not muslims.

We also booked an evening dinner on a Dhow on the Dubai Creek.Mostly tourists from all over the world and the food was excellent.

Oh forgot also booked(while on the ship) dessert ride and dinner in the dunes...loads of fun.

I know you will have a wonderful time in Dubai.

Archived