Weddings on Triumph

prekteacher904

We just booked my daughters wedding for the Triumph, June 15, 2009.

I have cruised on CCL before, but never for a wedding. Just looking for some tips. We plan to go down to NYC the night before and stay overnight. Anyone know any good places to stay, where are the docks located, Any hairdressers for my daughter to get her hair done. Anyone ever taken the train to NYC for a cruise, etc.

451 days to go and that will go fast. :)

My brother and sister-in-law were married in 2002 on a Carnival re. There were 31 of us a we got to board the ship a little early. Everyone was dressed for the wedding but the bride and groom. They were married in port in the library of the ship. It was beautiful. The chose the appetrizer (SP) reception. My sister-in-law was so happy that she did it this way because the Carnival Wedding Coordinator was soooo helpful. All she had to do was to make sure we were all there on time.

You may want to also check the wedding/honeymoon thread they have a lot of info there. My daughter had to plan her wedding for a floral design class so she was able to get a lot of info from those threads. Congratulations on the addition to your family. I am sure the time will fly by.

• 1 month later...

thank you. Yes we are looking forward to this. I love my soon to be son-in-law.

I have known him since he was 7. He and my daughter never really noticed each other until a couple of years ago. Her bestfriend since kindergarten, is his cousin.

DH and I were married on the Glory and loved it! I had completely planned a wedding here at home, down to table layout. DH asked if I would consider getting married on a cruise. I agreed, cancelled all our reservations, got deposits returned and booked our wedding onboard. Probably one of the thing he and I both like the best were the hundreds (386) of pictures the photog took. We ended up getting them all, and quite a few extras, for an amazing price. I have absolutely no regrets. As a matter of fact we plan to renew our vows onboard for our 10th anniv.:p

Archived