Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay How is it?

powoct95

I have read alot of posts on Miami hotels and have yet to see a post about the Doubletree, so how is it? Husband and I will be staying here in April and am really wanting to know if it is nice. If you have stayed here, where did you eat for breakfast. I see they have a deli in the hotel, but how about a place for a bigger breakfast, maybe looking over the bay. This is our vacation alone with no kids and I'm gonna get the most out of it. ;)

Hi!

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree Grand on Biscayne and really liked it except for two things:

1) The service was not good and it literally took us close to 45 minutes to check in because of incapable front desk agents.

2) The restaurant choices left a lot to be desired. If I were you, I’d go over to Bayside for meals. There is a café type area that is not very clean and offers a lot of choices (including pizza), however it’s a cafeteria style and the people there do not speak any English whatsoever. It was very expensive and stressful to order, plus you have to stand in line to pay and the line gets very long. There are a couple other restaurants in that same area of the hotel but their hours are scarce.

Other than that, the hotel was nice, the rooms were large, and the view was pretty good. One thing to be aware of as well—they advertise rooms with a great, high view of the port, etc, but in reality the hotel section of the building only goes up to Floor 7—so that’s the highest you can go—it’s not as if you will get a HIGH RISE type view of the port. Floors 7 and up and the condo section of the building. The pool area is beautiful and the water is very warm. It gets super windy there since it’s between 2 high rises, so be ready! I’m sure you’ll like the hotel—any other questions, just ask!

Thanks for the review...I think you must be the only person ever to stay there. I didn't realize that the hotel only went to the 7 th floor, interesting. We are just looking for a nice room to sleep in and then get up and go to the POM in the morning. I got a really good price on this hotel and the rooms look nice. How exactly do you get to the Bayside Market?

• 3 months later...

I did some research and found that Hilton points can be used to book a standard room but also a Junior Suite which has a balcony with furniture facing the bay and Port. Same amount of points. I went ahead a booked it after seeing the suite info. The standard rooms are on the first 7 floors but Doubletree also rents condos, suites, etc higher up. Just costs more if you don't use points.

Thanks for the review...I think you must be the only person ever to stay there. I didn't realize that the hotel only went to the 7 th floor, interesting. We are just looking for a nice room to sleep in and then get up and go to the POM in the morning. I got a really good price on this hotel and the rooms look nice. How exactly do you get to the Bayside Market?

This hotel will be more than fine for your stay. To get to Bayside, I would recommend grabbing a cab outside the hotel--it's really quick and inexpensive and saves you from walking....you *could* walk to bayside, but It might not be very safe at night.

Bayside is actually on the same road that the DT is on, just south of the hotel. It willtake you less than 2 minutes to get there from the hote.

When did you last stay there Stacy? Were the rooms clean and property nice? How far is it from the port?

Thanks!

I stayed there last October--2007. The rooms were very clean and large, one of the best rooms I've stayed in, as far as cleanliness and size.

The port of Miami is a 5 minute drive. Really only about 2-3 minutes to get there, the rest of the time is getting through all the traffic at the port. It's very close, you can see the port from the hotel.

Archived