Well here is my list of Frugal Activities

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pinkburro

melissa, we flew into tampa, went to a local store, bought inexpensive water, put it in our big luggage and had it upon boarding. did not attempt liquor or sodas.

• 3 weeks later...
While at port in the carribean, walk around and ask cruise passengers if they would like their hair braided.

Follow paid tour groups from a short distance, try to remain within earshot to hear all the educational facts. When the tour guide turns around, look away and whistle inconspicuously.

Take photos, OF THE photos taken by the ship's photographer(s).

I'm one of those cruisers who never buys the ship's photographers pics.

Shipmates are worried that I have not claimed the hallowed ship's photographers pictures and continually inform me.."your photo is still there. Aren't you going to buy it?"

No, I'm afraid not.

Why would I want to spend money on a photo that will join many other photos in a shoe box when, with my digital camera, I can take hundreds of photos store them on my hard drive or a compact disc.. Besides I just ask some nice person to take my picture any time I want.

If someone is going to the trouble of photographing the ships photographers photos ..why not take a photography class before you sail and learn to shoot good looking pictures yourself..the internet is loaded with free, easy to understand basic photo techniques. Get creative. You too can take good good pictures. With the money you save you can buy the drink of the day.

• 1 month later...

Archived