Fort Lauderdale Departure time

smac

I need advice about booking a Saturday flight home after our cruise. There is a 10:50 a.m. flight for under $200.00, and I need to know if it is possible to get off the ship and make this flight. I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas. I have only been through Miami and Orlando's airport and am unfamiliar with this city. Thanks for your help!

The airport and the port are really close to one another, so that will not be a problem. We've often been off our ship (Princess) in time to catch that flight, but you can't count on it in case of a problem - clearance thru customs can be short or lengthy and due to all kinds of circumstances, sometimes there is a delay with disembarkation. I can't speak for RCCL, but Princess has priority disembarkation for those with flights before 11 AM.

Thanks, Bequia!

Your advice and insight on this message board is invaluable. Love your website and blogs.

Our next flight choice isn't until 4:48 p.m. - it's less expensive, but I'm thinking it would cost us as much money to find something to do to fill the time gap as the extra for the earlier flight to get home to the four legged ones.

Smiles,

Kaye

Archived